Katsina United F.C.
|Full name||Katsina United Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||The Changi Boys|
|Ground||Muhammadu Dikko Stadium|
|Chairman||Aminu Balele Kurfi|
|Manager||Abdullahi Usman Biffo|
|League||Nigeria Professional Football League|
Founded in 1994, they were promoted to the Nigerian Premier League in 1997, placing 12th in their debut season but were disbanded after relegation in 2001. The Katsina State Government began plans to resurrect the team in April 2008. The club was reestablished in 2009 and was renamed "Spotlights FC", they debuted in the Nigeria National League for their first year. In February 2016, the team reverted to their original name, Katsina United. In October 2016, Katsina United won promotion back to the Nigeria Professional Football League, returning 15 years after they were last relegated.
- Runners-up: 1995, 1996, 1997
Performances in CAF competitions
- African Cup Winners' Cup: 1 appearance
- 1996 – Quarter-Finals
- CAF Cup: 1 appearance
- 2001 – Withdrew Second round
As of 23 July 2019 Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- "Account Suspended". www.gongnews.net.
- "Why Masari Renamed Spotlight As Katsina United – Kurfi -". leadership.ng. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Gombe United, Katsina gain promotion to NPFL". dailypost.ng. 2 October 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Katsina United win 2016 NNL Super Four title | Goal.com". www.goal.com.