Kathryn Adams (actress, born 1893)
Kathryn Adams (born Ethalinda Colson; May 25, 1893 – February 17, 1959), sometimes credited as Catherine Adams or Katherine Adams, was an American silent film actress.
Who's Who on the Screen, 1920
May 25, 1893
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
|Died||February 17, 1959 65) (aged|
Hollywood, California, U.S.
|Other names||Catherine Adams|
Born and educated in St. Louis, she had vocal training in New York.
Adams worked for the Thanhouser Company in its early films and had the lead roles in that company's productions The Bird of Prey and The Phantom Witness. After a number of successful leading roles, she drifted into supporting roles in the 1920s, and, except for a brief appearance in the 1931 version of The Squaw Man, Adams disappeared from films after 1925.
- The Shooting of Dan McGrew (1915)
- After Dark (1915)
- The Pursuing Shadow (1915)
- Helene of the North (1915)
- The Long Arm of the Secret Service (1915)
- In Baby's Garden (1915)
- Her Confession (1915)
- An Innocent Traitor (1915)
- Bubbles in the Glass (1916)
- The Phantom Witness (1916)
- A Bird of Prey (1916)
- The Romance of the Hollow Tree (1916)
- For Uncle Sam's Navy (1916)
- Other People's Money (1916)
- The Shine Girl (1916)
- Divorce and the Daughter (1916)
- The Vicar of Wakefield (1917)
- Pots-and-Pans Peggy (1917)
- The Woman and the Beast (1917)
- The Valentine Girl (1917)
- Hinton's Double (1917)
- The Streets of Illusion (1917)
- The Customary Two Weeks (1917)
- Baby Mine (1917, credited as Katherine Adams)
- Raffles The Amateur Cracksman (1917)
- True Blue (1918)
- Riders of the Purple Sage (1918)
- Restless Souls (1919, credited as Katherine Adams)
- A Gentleman of Quality (1919)
- The Silver Girl (1919, credited as Catherine Adams)
- Whom the Gods Would Destroy (1919)
- A Rogue's Romance (1919, credited as Katherine Adams)
- Cowardice Court (1919)
- A Little Brother of the Rich (1919)
- The Brute Breaker (1919)
- Uncharted Channels (1920)
- The Forbidden Woman (1920)
- The Best of Luck (1920)
- Big Happiness (1920)
- 813 (1920)
- The Silver Car (1921)
- The Man from Downing Street (1922)
- Borrowed Husbands (1924)
- Pampered Youth (1925)
- The Squaw Man (Uncredited, 1931)
- "Adams, Kathryn (1893–1959)". Encyclopedia.com. Archived from the original on March 2, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- "Thanhouser Stars on Pathe Program". Motography. August 26, 1916. p. 491. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- "(photo caption)". Picture-Play Magazine. VI (2). April 1917. Retrieved March 2, 2017.