Kastrup is a suburb of Copenhagen, Denmark, situated on the east coast of Amager in Tårnby Municipality. It is best known as the site of Copenhagen Airport. In Danish, the airport is often called Kastrup Lufthavn (Kastrup Airport) or Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup (Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup). The population of Kastrup is approximately 43,000.
In 1749 Jacob Fortling obtained a royal license to establish a lime plant in Kastrup. It harbor in Kastrup for the landing of chalk from Saltholm. He soon diversified with a brickyard (1752) and a pottery specializing in faience (1755) at the same site. This marked the beginning of an industrial development that accelerated after the opening of Kastrup Glassworks in 1847. Copenhagen Airport opened in 1925.
Kastrup Station serves the M2 line of the Copenhagen Metro. Lufthavnen Station is the terminus of the line. Trains approach the station by a bridge over the Øresund Motorway (E20). The platform area is constructed above the Øresund Railway adjoining a multi-storey car park. The station connects to the airport at the north end of Terminal 3 on level 2. Intercity trains operate out of the Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup Station which is located beneath the airport terminal building. There are several buses that roam through the city of Kastrup, following bus-lines: 2A, 5A and 36.
The former Superfos A/S-Glasuldsfabrik mineral wool factory (now Vægterparken), which was located between Nordmarksvej and Bøllevej (closed ini 1982), is used as a location at 1:26:08 in the 1977 Olsen-banden film The Olsen Gang Outta Sight.
- "Tårnby Kommune - historie". Gyldendal. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "SAS head office in Denmark." Scandinavian Airlines. Retrieved on 8 June 2009.
- "Headquarters." SAS Cargo. Retrieved on 27 January 2012. "Visiting address Kystvejen 40 DK-2770 Kastrup Denmark"
- "List of Danish airline operators holding a licence/concession/permission to carry out commercial air transportation Archived 2012-02-24 at the Wayback Machine." Slv.dk. Retrieved on 3 January 2010.
- "Contact Archived 2014-04-23 at Archive.today." Jet Time. Retrieved on 23 April 2014. "Jet Time A/S Skøjtevej 27-31 2770 Kastrup Denmark"
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 24–30 March 1993. 120.
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 18 May 1972. 22.
- "Film 9 Olsen Banden deruda / Die Olsenbande schlägt wieder zu". olsenbande-homepage.de (in German). Retrieved 5 October 2017.