Kaso River (Sukabumi)
Ci Kaso, Sungai Kaso, Sungai Cikaso, Tjikaso, Tji Kaso
A river boat at Cikaso river - Indonesia carrying motorcycles. River transports are common in the area.
Location of river mouth
Kaso River (Sukabumi) (Indonesia)
The Cikaso River originates in North Sukabumi and flows south to the Surade subdistrict in South Sukabumi. The Cikaso waterfall is in the Ujung tourist area between Jampang Kulon and Surade. The waterfalls have a height of almost 80 metres (260 ft), with three parallel drops along cliffs that are about 100 feet (30 m) wide. The falls are accessible from the Ciniti, Cibitung village in the Cibitung Kulon sub-Jampang. They can be reached by foot or by motor boat.
The river flows in the southwest area of Java with predominantly tropical monsoon climate (designated as Am in the Köppen-Geiger climate classification). The annual average temperature in the area is 23 °C. The warmest month is August, when the average temperature is around 26 °C, and the coldest is January, at 20 °C. The average annual rainfall is 3834 mm. The wettest month is December, with an average of 578 mm rainfall, and the driest is September, with 35 mm rainfall.
- Rand McNally, The New International Atlas, 1993.
- Ci Kaso at Geonames.org (cc-by); Last updated 2013-06-04; Database dump downloaded 2015-11-27
- "Cikaso Waterfall in Sukabumi Indonesia". Travel Destination in the World. February 21, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Cikaso Waterfall". Jave-Adventure. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Peel, M C; Finlayson, B L; McMahon, T A (2007). "Updated world map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 11: 1633–1644. doi:10.5194/hess-11-1633-2007. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations Data Set Index". NASA. 30 January 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations: Rainfall (1 month - TRMM)". NASA/Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission. 30 January 2016.