Kaso River (Garut)
Kaso River, also Ci Kaso, is a river in the Garut Regency of West Java, Indonesia, about 190 km southeast of the capital Jakarta. Coal-bearing sandstones, clays and limestones are typical geological traits of the Bandung area of southern Java. It flows past Pameungpeuk before flowing into the Indian Ocean.
Ci Kaso, Sungai Kaso, Tjikaso, Tji Kaso
Location of river mouth
Kaso River (Garut) (Indonesia)
|200 m (660 ft)|
|Length||2 km (1.2 mi)|
The river flows in the southwest area of Java with predominantly tropical rainforest climate (designated as Af in the Köppen-Geiger climate classification). The annual average temperature in the area is 24 °C. The warmest month is March, when the average temperature is around 25 °C, and the coldest is September, at 22 °C. The average annual rainfall is 3730 mm. The wettest month is December, with an average of 542 mm rainfall, and the driest is September, with 61 mm rainfall.
- Rand McNally, The New International Atlas, 1993.
- Ci Kaso at Geonames.org (cc-by); Last updated 2013-06-04; Database dump downloaded 2015-11-27
- Woodward, Henry (1875). Geological magazine. Cambridge University Press. p. 482. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Peel, M C; Finlayson, B L; McMahon, T A (2007). "Updated world map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 11: 1633–1644. doi:10.5194/hess-11-1633-2007. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations Data Set Index". NASA. 30 January 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations: Rainfall (1 month - TRMM)". NASA/Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission. 30 January 2016.