Karne L. Hesketh (born 1 August 1985) is a player for the Japan rugby union team.
|Date of birth||1 August 1985|
|Place of birth||Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (15 st 6 lb; 216 lb)|
|School||Napier Boys' High School|
|Rugby union career|
In what is regarded as one of the greatest upsets ever in Rugby World Cup history, and possibly one of the most famous victories in the history of sport, Hesketh with 84 minutes on the clock and with the last play of the game scored the winning try for Japan against South Africa in a 34–32 victory in the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Afterward, he spoke of his immense pride at this victory of the Japanese national rugby team and celebrated with his teammates.
- Hepburn, Steve (16 February 2010). "Hesketh takes wing for Japan". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Player statistics Hesketh Karne". Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Japan beat South Africa 34-32 in World Cup sensation". Yahoo! Sports.
- bbc.com/sport Rugby World Cup 2015: South Africa 32-34 Japan Rob Stevens, 19 September 2015
- "Ex-Students and NZ Black Ferns: Carla Hohepa and Kelly Brazier". Otago Polytechnic. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Steve Hepburn (7 September 2010). "Rugby: Otago pair star in World Cup win". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 15 January 2012.