Carrina "Karina" Huff (21 January 1961 – 18 April 2016) was a British actress, showgirl and television personality, mainly active in Italy.
|Died||18 April 2016 55) (aged|
|Occupation||Actress, showgirl, television personality|
Life and career
Born in London, Huff was first known in Italy as a showgirl in the Rai 2 variety show Signori si parte and as the television presenter of the Canale 5 musical program Popcorn. She later had roles of weight in a series of successful teen comedy films, notably Carlo Vanzina's Time for Loving, its immediate sequel Sapore di mare 2 and Vacanze di Natale. In 1989 she was in the main cast of the TV-series Zanzibar.
Following the failure of her marriage with an Italian land surveyor, Huff left showbusiness and returned with her son to London, where she became a teacher. In 2008, Huff was diagnosed with breast cancer, from which she was believed to be in remission. She later died from the same kind of breast cancer in April 2016.
- "Torna Karina Huff". La Stampa. 28 April 1982, pg. 29.
- Bruno Di Marino. Premiata ditta "fratelli Vanzina". Falsopiano, 1998. ISBN 8887011109.
- Marco Giusti (1999). Dizionario dei film italiani stracult. Sperling & Kupfer. ISBN 8820029197.
- Eleonora Della Ratta (26 August 2011). "Che fine ha fatto Karina Huff?". Yahoo Cinema. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Karina Huff a Domenica Live: grazie a mio figlio sono sopravvissuta al tumore". Leggo. 10 March 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Karina Huff: "Guarita dal cancro per mio figlio"". TGCOM. 20 February 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Redazione (18 April 2016). "Addio Karina Huff, la Susan di 'Sapore di mare', volto della commedia italiana anni 80". La Repubblica. Retrieved 18 April 2016.