Karan Mehra (born 10 September 1982) is an Indian television actor, model and fashion designer. He is well known for playing Naitik Singhania in Star Plus drama Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. In 2016, he participated in Bigg Boss 10.
Mehra at YRKKH 1000 episodes party
|Born||10 September 1982|
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Fashion Designer|
|Known for||'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|Home town||Delhi, India|
Nisha Rawal (m. 2012)
Mehra was born on 10 September 1982 in Jalandhar, Punjab. His family moved to Delhi when he was very young. Mehra studied fashion designing from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi and studied at Apeejay School, Noida.
Mehta came to Mumbai and started working for directors Rajkumar Hirani and Ram Gopal Verma as an assistant in four movies. He then appeared in the movie Love Story 2050. After that, he started doing modelling and TV commercials. In 2009, he got his big break in the role of Naitik Singhania in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. He continued with the show for nearly seven-and-a-half years until June 2016. He quit the show owing health issues. Along with this, he participated in the dance reality shows Nach Baliye 5 and Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati with his wife Nisha Rawal in 2012–13.
He then did a short stint in Khatmal E Ishq as Sumit Mishra.
Mehra's new movie Basthi Hai Sasthi is about stepping up game and leaning how to cope with reality. He announced it on an interview, and advertised it on TV show Saath Nibhana Saathiya in 2016. It was supposed to release in 2017, however release dates have been pushed back to 2018.
Mehra is married to actress Nisha Rawal. He saw her on the sets of Hastey Hastey where he was styling. After dating for six years, they married in 24 November 2012. Nisha found out that she was pregnant while he was in the Bigg Boss house. The couple had a son in 2017.
|2009–2016||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai||Naitik Singhania||Star Plus||Lead Role opposite Hina Khan|
|2010||Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai||Naitik||Guest in last episode|
|2012||Nach Baliye 5||Contestant||Along with Nisha Rawal|
|2013||Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati|
|2016||Saath Nibhaana Saathiya||Guest||To promote his film|
|Bigg Boss 10||Contestant||Colors TV||Evicted, Day 34|
|2017||Khatmal E Ishq||Sumit Mishra||SAB TV|
|2019||Kitchen Champion 5||Contestant||Colors TV||Along with Nisha|
|Ek Bhram Sarvagun Sampanna||Dr. Ashok Sharma||Star Plus|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Love Story 2050||Karan's Friend|
|2018||Basthi Hai Sasthi||Sasha Chi Chen|
- "Karan 'Naitik' Mehra turns a year older". The Times of India. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Bigg Boss: From Hina Khan to Sreesanth, here's the list of highest paid celebs". Times Of India.
- "From Karan Mehra, Karan Patel to Krushna Abhishek and Kapil Sharma, here is the list of highest earning celebrities on television". India TV News.
- "karan-mehra-gets-nostalgic-on-remembering-his-yeh-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai-days-thanks-fans". Times of India.
- "The reason behind Karan Mehra's exit from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is just sad". India Today.
- "Karan Mehra and Nisha Rawal eliminated from Nach Baliye 5". Telly Chakkar.
- "Bigg Boss 10: Karan Mehra Becomes First Celebrity to Get Evicted From the House". News18.
- "Bigg Boss 10 contestant Karan Mehra is making a comeback with this TV show". 4 March 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Happy birthday Karan Mehra: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Naitik is a doting father". Times Of India.
- "Karan Mehra Announces Wife Nisha Rawal's Pregnancy With This Adorable Post". 10 January 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Karan Mehra blessed with a baby boy, says wife Nisha Rawal and son doing well". Indian Express. 15 June 2017.
- "Karan, Rohan Mehra to participate in 'Bigg Boss 10'; Check out the CONFIRMED list of celebrity contestants here". 15 October 2016.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Naitik aka karan mehra making a comeback on tv".
- Maheshwri, Neha (27 April 2019). "Karan Mehra: I can't play goody two-shoes all my life - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2019.