Kansas Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°32′46″N 87°55′39″W|
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||40.54 sq mi (105.0 km2)|
|• Land||40.53 sq mi (105.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|• Density||24.7/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.54 square miles (105.0 km2), of which 40.53 square miles (105.0 km2) (or 99.98%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Boyer, Cornwell, Fairview, Harmony, Pleasant Hill, Poulter, Waite and Wilhoit.
Kansas Township contains two schools: Kansas Elementary School and Kansas High School.
- Kansas Community Unit School District 3
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Kansas Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.