Kansas City Revisited
Kansas City Revisited is an album by jazz trombonist and arranger Bob Brookmeyer featuring Brookmeyer's new orchestrations of 1920s and '30s era Kansas City jazz tunes. The album was recorded in 1958 for the United Artists label.
|Kansas City Revisited|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||October 23, 1958|
Olmstead Studios, NYC
UAL 4008/UAS 5008
|Bob Brookmeyer chronology|
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow called it a "memorable set" and stated "Cool jazz meets swing on this valuable but long out-of-print LP".
- "Jumpin' at the Woodside" (Count Basie) - 7:37
- "A Blues" (Big Miller) - 5:05
- "Blue and Sentimental" (Basie, Jerry Livingston, Mack David) - 6:53
- "Doggin' Around" (Edgar Battle, Herschel Evans) - 8:39
- "Moten Swing" (Bennie Moten, Buster Moten) - 10:12
- "Travlin' Light" (Trummy Young, Jimmy Mundy, Johnny Mercer) - 3:32
- Edwards, D., Eyries, P., Watts, R, Neely, T. & Callahan, M., Discography Preview for the United Artists label 40000 & 4000/5000 Series (1958-1972), accessed November 27, 2015
- Berry, S. C., A Jim Hall discography, accessed November 27, 2015
- Yanow, Scott. Kansas City Revisited – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved November 27, 2015.