|Role||light multirole helicopter with NOTAR|
|Status||Design in research|
Design and development
The first test of this concept took place on the Ka-26SS helicopter, a modified version of the Ka-26 equipped with experimental tail jet beams. The main concept of the Ka-118 features a single 4-blade main rotor, V-tail with upper tailplane, and a skid undercarriage. Pilot and copilot seated in side-by-side configuration, and four passengers in the rear cabin.
Since 1993, engine has not been selected and the NOTAR design is still in research.
Specifications (as designed)
- Crew: One-two pilots
- Capacity: 4-5 passengers, or up to 700 kg (1,540 lb) of cargo carried internally or externally.
- Length: 10.00 m (32 ft 10 in)
- Main rotor diameter: 11.00 m (36 ft 1 in)
- Height: 2.60 m (8 ft 6 in)
- Main rotor area: 95.0 m2 (1,020 ft2)
- Gross weight: 2,150 kg (4,730 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Omsk TVO-100, 522 kW (700 hp)
- Maximum speed: 300 km/h (190 mph)
- Service ceiling: 6,150 m (20,200 ft)
Bill Gunston "The Osprey's Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft", 2000