Kalos ilthe to dollario
Kalos ilthe to dollario (Greek: Greek: Καλώς ήλθε το δολλάριο, Welcome, dollar) is a 1967 Greek theatrical comedy film directed by Alekos Sakellarios.
|Kalos ilthe ton dollario|
Καλώς ήλθε το δολλάριο
|Directed by||Alekos Sakellarios|
|Written by||Alekos Sakellarios|
The film stars Giorgos Konstantinou, Anna Kalouta and Sotiris Moustakas.
The shy and decent English tutor Filippos Angeloutsos needs to supplement his meager paychecks because of price hikes in the 6th American Fleet in the Port of Piraeus. He shared his proposal with madame Foulis, who is an english teacher to the girls at the Blue Black Bar in Troubas. Filippos esteemed his employees with a large fabbor that he spent. When the fleet arrived, Stavros confronted his problems in the attraction of sailors in a store and addressed again to Filippo with help.
The film was shown at the 1967 Thessaloniki Film Festival.
About the movie
Based on a theatrical work The 6th American Fleet by Alekos Sakellarios and Christos Giannakiopoulos
- It was the first Greek movie filmed in colour that the technical work that happened everywhere in Greece.
- The total cost of the movie was 5,000,000 drachmas.
- It made 164,239 tickets (39th/99th)
- Giorgos Konstantinou - Filippos Angeloutsos
- Anna Kalouta - Madame Fouli
- Sasa Kastoura - Gina
- Niki Linardou - Liza
- Sotiris Moustakas - Henri
- Nikos Fermas - Stavros
- Orfeas Zachos - Kimon Angeloutsos
- Joly Garbi - Mrs. Angeloutsou
- Alekos Tzanetakos - Takis Angeloutsos
- Christos Doxaras - Giannis
- Makis Demiris - Thanasis
- Kostas Mentis - Grigoris
- Kostas Papahristos - Agisilaos Merminopoulos
- Stella Stratigou - Liana
- Athinodoros Prousallis - Stamatis Tsimbas
- Kostas Kafassis - Dimitris
- Alekos Sakellarios - Andreas