Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (English: The Story of Each House) is a Hindi-language Indian soap opera on Indian television which ran on Star Plus from October 16, 2000. The soap opera was created by Ekta Kapoor and was produced by her production company Balaji Telefilms. The show starred Sakshi Tanwar and Kiran Karmarkar as the lead protagonists.
|Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii|
Parivaar Ko Jodti Bahu Kii Kahaani. Har Ghar Ki Kahani - Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
B M Vyas, Anjana Sood, Mahesh Pandey, Anil Nagpal, Sandiip Sikcand, Kamlesh Pandey, Nim Sood & Sonali Jaffar
B M Vyas, Anand Gandhi, Twinkle, Prabha, Anjana Sood, Mahesh Pandey, Dheeraj Sarna, Radheshyam Rai, Vicky Chandra, Anil Nagpal, Vincent Varghese, Pinky Shah, Usha Dixit, Bobby Bhonsle, Mushtaq Shiekh, Jitesh Patel, Kamlesh Pandey, Samidha - Khaild, Gauri Kodimala, Garima Goyal, Harsha Jagdish, Sonali Jaffar, Gaurav Sharma, Sharad Tripathi, Manish Shrivastav, Vandana Tiwari, Al-Raines, Swati Pande, Divyanna Khanna & Mallika Dutt
Amal Donwaar, Dheeraj Sarna, Shashi R. Singh, Deepti Rawal & Sharad Tripathi
|Directed by||Arvind Babbal, Anil V. Kumar, Bharat Bhatia, Garry Bhinder, Rakesh Malhotra, Partho Mitra, Rajesh Babbar, Ravindra Gautam, Santosh Kolhe, Deepak Chavan, Rajesh Sethi, Swapnil Mahaling (Shahane), Anand Raut, Ajay Veermal, Ashish Shrivastav, Anoop Chaudhary, V.G Roy|
|Creative director(s)||Prashant Bhatt, Swapna Waghmare Joshi, Mitu Kumar, Sandiip Sikcand Nivedita Basu & Sanchi Bawa|
|Opening theme||"Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii" By Priya Bhattacharya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1661|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Anil Mishra, Deepak Malwankar, Sukhvinder Singh, Sanjay Memane & Balu Dahifale|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma, Nishit Shah, Mohd Salim & Rochak Arora|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||16 October 2000 –|
9 October 2008
The show explored the worlds of Parvati and Om Agarwal, living in a Marwadi joint family where Parvati is an ideal daughter-in-law of Agarwal family and Om the ideal son. The show is the story of the sons of Vishwanath Agarwal and their children thereof. The show also had Ali Asgar who played the role of Kamal Agarwal, Anup Soni who played the role of Suyash Mehra, Shweta Kawatra/ Achint Kaur who played the role of Pallavi Agarwal as the major supporting cast.
Om and Parvati Agarwal are considered to be the Rama and Sita of the Agarwal family. The show is based mostly on their life and struggles in a joint family. The story, spread over three generations, focuses majorly on Parvati and her struggles as the ideal wife and daughter-in-law, mother and grandmother and depicts how sometimes one must stand against her loved ones to do what is morally right.
- Sakshi Tanwar as Parvati Om Agarwal / Janki Devi/Swati dixit - Wife of Om Agrawal
- Kiran Karmarkar as Om Vishwanath Agarwal - Husband of Parvati Agrawal
- Anup Soni as Suyash Mehra
- Lily Patel as Rukmani (Dadi) Kedarnath Agarwal
- Jyotsna Karyekar as Nani
- Deepak Qazir as Vishwanath (Babuji) Kedarnath Agarwal
- Nayan Bhatt as Krishna (Maaji) Vishwanath Agarwal
- Neelam Mehra as Vandana Agarwal (Vandy Maasi)
- Aruna Irani as Narayani Devi
- Ali Asgar as Kamal Vishwanath Agarwal
- Shweta Basu Prasad as Young Shruti Om Aggrawal
- Tina Parekh as Shruti Om Aggrawal
- Poorva gokhale/Rujuta Deshmukh as Gun Krishna Agarwal
- Aamir Ali as Sameer Kaul
- Shweta Kawatra / Achint Kaur as Pallavi Bhandari / Pallavi Kamal Aggarwal / "Pummy Nanda"
- Mita Vashisht as Trishna Kochar / Trishna Kamal Agarwal
- Smita Bansal/ Poonam Narula as Nivedita Kamal Agarwal
- Aparna Jaywant as Mitali Agarwal
- Sheetal Thakkar as preeti agarwal
- Rinku Karmarkar as Chhaya Agarwal
- Manav Gohil / Prakash Ramchandani as Vikram
- Gautam Chaturvedi as Gaurav Vishwanath Agarwal
- Neelam Sagar/Surbhi Tiwari/Suchita Trivedi/Jaya Mathur as Shilpa Agarwal
- Prabhat Bhattacharya as Ajay Vishwanath Agarwal
- Kusumit Sana/Sweta Keswani/Nivedita Bhattacharya as Avantika Agarwal
- Manish Goel as Tushar (Sonali's Husband)
- Aashish Kaul as Rohan Garg
- Kavita Kaushik as Manya Sanjay Doshi
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Saumil Umesh Dixit
- Chetan Hansraj as Shashank (Sasha) Deven Garg
- Kanika Maheshwari as Neelima (Neel) Rohan Garg
- Diwakar Pundir as Sambhav Khanna
- Rupali Ganguly as Gayatri Om Agarwal / Sameer Kaul
- Adita Wahi and Preeti Gupta as Mayuri Shikhar Mehra
- Rohit Bakshi (actor) as Shikhar Suyash Mehra
- Archana Bhatt Malkani as ″Pragati Agarwal"
- Nivaan Sen as "Pranay Kaul"
- Shalini Chandran as Maithili Kaul
- Jatin Shah as Aditya / Adi
- Shraddha Musale / Praneeta Sahu as Malishka
- Akshita Kapoor as Tanu Sameer Kaul
- Urmila Tiwari as Sunaina Rai Chaudhary
- Parul Juneja as Neha Varun Mehta
- Gaurav Gupta as Ronit Parth Agarwal
- Ali Merchant as Bharat Parth Agarwal
- Mandar Degvekar as Tiny Parth Agarwal
- Barsha Chatterjee as Shivangi Ishaan Kaul
- Suhaas Ahuja as Sharath (Sissy) Raj Nanda
- Panchi Bora as Prachi Mishra
- Mohnish Behl as Aniket
- Madhura Naik as Tanya (Sam) Nanda
- Rocky Verma as Manager Waghale
- Sanjeet Bedi as Advocate Kothari
- Shraddha Nigam as Advocate Ambika
- Garima Bhatnagar as Garima Rai Chaudhary
- Mukul Dev as Vijay Agarwal
- Hrishikesh Pandey as Advocate Natkarni
- Anang Desai as Balraj Nanda
- Tarana Raja as Siri
- Reena Kapoor as Srishti
- Sai Ballal as "Avantika's Father"
- Salim Shah as Inspector Krishna Kanth (K.K.)
- Kiran Dubey as Rajeshwari Mehra
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Romilla Nanda
- Shubhavi Choksey as Advote Rishika
- Karan Patel as Vigyaat
- Jaya Pradha as Swati Dixit
The music of the series is composed by Priya Bhattacharya while the lyrics of the title track are written by B M Vyas.
|1.||"Rishton Ki Puja Jaha Ho (Remix)"||Priya Bhattacharya||3:58|
|2.||"Rishton Ki Puja Jaha Ho (Original)"||Priya Bhattacharya||2:14|
|3.||"Ram Ram Jai Raja Ram"||Anonymous||1:47|
|4.||"Om Jayanti Mangal Kaari Bhadrakali"||Anonymous||0:58|
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii premiered on 16 October 2000 on Star Plus in India. The series was critically acclaimed during its premiere for showcasing the actual joint family concept and the problems faced by the new generations in joint family. The way in which the storyline was adopted was widely appreciated.
The series became one of the most watched shows during 2001 and 2002 with an average TRP of 10+ TVR. In the Year 2002 and 2003, the series toppled Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi to become the top show on Indian Television.
In the Year 2004, after the first generational leap of 20 years the TRP of the show shoot as high as 18+ that was a feat achieved by none other show before except Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (which had a record of generating a TRPof 22+)! In the same year during the rape hearing scene the TRPs of the show shoot the highest making it top show continuously for several weeks on the ratings charts.
In 2006, the series took another generational leap of 18 years where the protagonist Parvati Aggrawal (Sakshi Tanwar) returned from dead as Janki Devi to take the revenge from Trisha (Mita Vashisht) who damaged her family and made the elders of her family - the servants! The series was applauded for enacting such a storyline which had the connect with 21st century! Also Sakshi Tanwar was applauded for her portrayal as Janki Devi, a break for her and audience who saw her enacting Parvati Aggrawal for continuous 6 years! Even Mita Vashisht was applauded for her portrayal as antagonist Trisha. The ratings of the series went high when Sakshi Tanwar returned as Janki Devi.
The series went off air on 9 October 2008 after completing 8 successful years, where in the last episode, the protagonist Sakshi Tanwar was seen passing on the baton to Puja Banerjee (the protagonist of another show Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna that replaced Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii).
|2002||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in Lead Role||Kiran Karmarkar||Om Aggarwal|
|Best Actress in Lead Role||Sakshi Tanwar||Parvati Aggarwal|
|Best Actress in Negative Role||Shweta Kawatra||Pallavi Aggarwal|
|Best Drama Series||Ekta Kapoor|
|2003||Kalakar Awards||Best Actor||Ali Asgar||Kammal Aggarwal|
|Best Playback Singer (Female)||Priya Bhattacharya|
|2004||Kalakar Awards||Best Actor||Kiran Karmarkar||Om Aggarwal|
|Favorite Actress||Sakshi Tanwar||Parvati Aggarwal|
|2006||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor in Supporting Role||Ali Asgar||Kammal Aggarwal|
|2008||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor in Supporting Role||Ali Asgar||Kammal Aggarwal|
|2010||Indian Television Academy Awards||ITA Milestone Award||Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- "Ekta Kapoor likely to bring the iconic Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii back with Sakshi Tanwar".
- Sakshi Tanwar on playing Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii: I look at a range of emotions while reading the script in Kahaani!
- Sakshi Tanwar on Kahaani taking generational leap: The revamp trend will stop the day viewers stop seeing old shows!
- YearEnder 2001: Star Plus ends the year high with 'Kyunki Saas' and 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii's blockbuster ratings!
- Channels on Year End Mission; Star to celebrate the success of Kyunki, Kahaani and K shows!
- Star Quality at Star Parivaar!
- Kyunki and Kahaani generate a rating of 10+ TVR
- 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii' takes generation leap | Show continues to lead the TRP Charts!
- Star Plus celebrates another winning year
- Kyunki, Kahaani, Kasautii - The 3Ks and their sustaining power!
- Sony TV's tactics fail to dent Kahaani's supremacy, show continues to lead the Charts!
- Star Plus record clean sweep with Kyunki's, Kahaani's and other K-shows!
- 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii' takes another interesting generational leap
- Sakshi Tanwar reveals that Ekta Kapoor had such a bad temper that she decided to shut down Kahaani despite it being generating a TRP of 12+
- Sakshi Tanwar continues to keep the audience glued with her portrayal as 'Janki Devi'
- Star Plus wraps 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii' after running successfully for 8 long years!
- "Winners of Indian Telly Awards 2002".
- "Winners of Kalakar Awards" (PDF).
- "Winners of Indian Television Academy Awards 2006". Archived from the original on 10 February 2012.
- "Winners of Indian Television Academy Awards 2008". Archived from the original on 20 August 2010.
- "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii Team honoured at ITA Milestone Awards". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.