Kolodjashnij playing for Gold Coast in June 2017
|Full name||Kade Kolodjashnij|
|Date of birth||9 August 1995|
|Place of birth||Launceston, Tasmania|
|Original team(s)||Launceston (TSL)|
|Draft||No. 5, 2013 AFL Draft, Gold Coast|
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb)|
|2014–2018||Gold Coast||78 (13)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Kolodjashnij grew up in Tasmania where he played soccer and basketball in his younger years. His grandparents fled the Soviet controlled Ukraine after World War II and settled in Australia. Kolodjashnij's twin brother Jake also plays football professionally for the Geelong Cats.
Kolodjashnij began playing Australian football for the first time at 12 years of age for the Prospect Junior Football Club. Kolodjashnij lived across the road from Prospect Park a multi-user venue for both soccer and Australian football. He and brother Jake played in junior premierships for Prospect in U13s and U14s of the Northern Tasmanian Junior Football Association. In his U15 season with Prospect he and Jake were referred to Tasmanian Head Coach, and ex-AFL player, Mathew Armstrong, for consideration for the Tasmanian Talented Player Pathway and were duly recognised as having significant potential. As part of the talented player pathway process, both the Kolodjashnij brothers were permitted to Tasmanian State League Club, Launceston, for their U16 year. Kade played for Tasmania in the Under 16 National Championship in 2011 and followed that with selection in the U18 National Championships in both 2012 and 2013 and was considered a top 5 prospect leading into the 2013 AFL Draft. He was taken with the 5th pick in the 2013 draft by the Gold Coast Football Club.
Kolodjashnij made his AFL debut against Fremantle in Round 2 of the 2014 season. From his first games it was apparent that Kolodjashnij was coping well with the pace and requirements of AFL football. In Round 10 of his debut season he secured a nomination for the AFL/NAB Rising Star for 2014.
At the conclusion of the 2018 season, Kolodjashnij was traded to Melbourne.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Stage set for Tassie twins". The Mercury. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Gold Coast Suns set to debut No.5 pick Kade Kolodjashnij against Fremantle". Herald Sun. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Kade Koladjashnij: Round 10 NAB AFL Rising Star". Gold Coast Football Club. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Nobes, Caitlin (17 October 2018). "Melbourne secures Suns duo". melbournefc.com.au. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "Kade Kolodjashnij". AFL Tables. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kade Kolodjashnij.|
- Kade Kolodjashnij's profile on the official website of the Melbourne Football Club
- Kade Kolodjashnij's playing statistics from AFL Tables