Coat of arms
Location of Kärkölä in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°52′N 025°16.5′E|
|• Mayor||Markku Koskinen|
|• Total||259.30 km2 (100.12 sq mi)|
|• Land||256.47 km2 (99.02 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.84 km2 (1.10 sq mi)|
|Area rank||243rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||191st largest in Finland|
|• Density||17.39/km2 (45.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||96.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.7%|
|• 15 to 64||65.6%|
|• 65 or older||17.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.25%|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Päijänne Tavastia region. The municipality has a population of 4,460 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 259.30 square kilometres (100.12 sq mi) of which 2.84 km2 (1.10 sq mi) is water. The population density is 17.39 inhabitants per square kilometre (45.0/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Botanist Carl Niclas von Hellens was born in Kärkölä.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Municipality of Kärkölä – Official website (in Finnish)