The Junior TT is a motorcycle road race that takes place during the Isle of Man TT festival; an annual event at the end of May and beginning of June. Between 1949 and 1976 this race was part of the Grand Prix motorcycle racing season.
|Date||2 & 4 June 2014|
|Location||Douglas, Isle of Man|
|Course||Road Course |
37.73 mi (60.72 km)
|Supersport TT Race 1|
|Supersport TT Race 2|
The 1911 Isle of Man TT was the first time the Junior TT race took place and was open to 300cc single-cylinder and 340cc twin cylinder motor-cycles and was contested over 5 laps of the new 37.5 mile Mountain Course. The first event on the new course was the Junior TT Race and was contested by 35 entrants. It was won by Percy J. Evans riding a Humber motor-cycle in 3 hours, 37 minutes and 7 seconds at an average speed of 41.45 mph.
The 1912 event was the first to limit the Junior TT to only 350 cc machines and this engine capacity prevailed until 1994.
- Entrants must be in possession of a valid National Entrants or FIM Sponsors Licence for Road Racing.
The 2012 specification for entries into the Junior TT race are defined as;-
Speed and Lap Records
The lap record for the Junior TT is 17 minutes and 31.328 seconds, at an average speed of 129.197 mph (207.922 km/h) set by Michael Dunlop on lap 2 of the 2018 Isle of Man TT 600cc Supersport Junior TT Race 1. The race record for a four-lap Junior TT is 1 hour, 11 minutes and 28.059 seconds at an average race speed of 126.703 mph (203.909 km/h) set by Dean Harrison during the 2018 600cc Supersport TT Race 2.
List of Junior/Supersport TT Winners
Race winners (riders)
|Giacomo Agostini, Michael Dunlop, Stanley Woods||5|
|Bruce Anstey, Charlie Williams||4|
|Joey Dunlop, Freddie Frith, Jimmie Guthrie, Jim Redman||3|
|Alec Bennett, Brian Reid, Geoff Duke, Mike Hailwood, Gary Johnson, Con Law, Ian Lougher, John McGuinness, Chas Mortimer, Jim Moodie, John Surtees, Eric Williams||2|
|Rod Coleman, Percy J. Evans, Ryan Farquhar, Peter Hickman, David Jefferies, Lee Johnston, Ken Kavanagh, Dave Leach, Bill Lomas, Phil Mellor, Steve Plater, Michael Rutter, T. M. Sheard, H. G. Tyrell Smith||1|
Race winners (manufacturers)
|Moto Guzzi, Triumph||2|
|Cotton, Douglas, EMC, Gilera, Humber, HRD, Kawasaki, New Imperial, NUT, Rex-Acme, Rudge-Whitworth, Suzuki||1|
Winners of Junior/Senior Double Isle of Man TT Races
|Year||Name||Make of Motorcycle|
|1958/59||John Surtees||MV Agusta|
|1968–70, 1972||Giacomo Agostini||MV Agusta|
|1985, 1988||Joey Dunlop||Honda|
|2014||Michael Dunlop||Honda / BMW|
|2017||Michael Dunlop||Yamaha / Suzuki|
- International Tourist Trophy Regulations 2012 page 3/Appendix A page 34 ACU Events (Isle of Man) Limited (2012) Isle of Man Department of Economic Development
- International Tourist Trophy Regulations 2012 page 19 ACU Events (Isle of Man) Limited (2012) Isle of Man Department of Economic Development
- "Michael Dunlop wins record breaking Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 1". Isle of Man TT. Duke Marketing Ltd. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Harrison sets new race record in Supersport Race 2". Isle of Man TT. Duke Marketing Ltd. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Monster Energy Supersport TT 2 - Result Sheet" (PDF). Isle of Man TT. Duke Marketing Ltd. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "TT Fact Zone". Duke Marketing Ltd.