JUKI Corporation (JUKI株式会社 JUKI Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese manufacturer of industrial sewing machines and recently domestic machines headquartered in Tama-shi, Tokyo. It is one of the leading industrial machine manufacturers. JUKI ranks as the no.1 sewing machine manufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Japan, the company currently has manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Vietnam and markets its products on six continents, in about 170 countries. Up until 1988, the company was known as Tokyo Juki Industrial Company, Ltd. The company motto, which doubles as a customer creed, is "Mind & Technology" (as in 'emotionally accessible technology').
|Traded as||TYO: 6440|
|Founded||Tokyo (December 15, 1938 )|
|Headquarters||Tsurumaki, Tama-shi, Tokyo 206-8551, Japan|
|Akira Kiyohara (President)|
Number of employees
|6,153 (consolidated, as of December 31, 2014)|
|Footnotes / references|
The company produces sewing machines for the home or hobbyist market, and is a leader in surface mount component placement machines for electronics.
In October 2018, the company announced a cooperative project with Hitachi that uses IoT-based digital innovation to optimize manufacturing processes, improving the production of printed circuit boards by tracking inventory control and improving small lot production.
Notes and references
- "Corporate Outline". JUKI Corporation. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Company Snapshot - Financials". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Demetri Sevastopulo (December 15, 2014). "Juki, the supreme sewing machine for the global rag trade". Financial Times. Pearson PLC. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Juki, Sony In Talks To Merge Parts-Mounting-Device Ops". The Nikkei. February 7, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Buetow, Mike (February 6, 2013). "Juki, Sony to Talk SMT Merger". Circuits Assembly. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "JUKIと日立、IoTを活用したプリント基板生産ラインの最適化で協業" [JUKI and Hitachi Collaborate on Optimization of Printed Circuit Board Production Line Utilizing IoT]. ZDNet Japan (in Japanese). October 17, 2018.