Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics
Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering algebraic combinatorics. It was established in 1992 and is published by Springer Science+Business Media. The editor-in-chief is Ilias S. Kotsireas (Wilfrid Laurier University).
|Edited by||Ilias S. Kotsireas|
|ISO 4||J. Algebr. Comb.|
|MathSciNet||J. Algebraic Combin.|
In 2017, the journal's four editors-in-chief and editorial board resigned to protest the publisher's high prices and limited accessibility. They criticized Springer for "double-dipping", that is, charging large subscription fees to libraries in addition to high fees for authors who wished to make their publications open access. The board subsequently started their own open access journal, Algebraic Combinatorics.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Lindsay McKenzie (2017-07-31). "Math Journal Editors Quit for Open Access". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Gowers, Tim (2017-07-27). "Another journal flips". Gowers's Weblog. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Pooley, Jefferson (2017-08-15). "Scholarly communications shouldn't just be open, but non-profit too". Impact of Social Sciences. London School of Economics and Political Science. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- McKenzie, Lindsay. "Math Journal Editors Quit for Open Access". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Journal of algebraic combinatorics flips to fair OA". Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Source details: Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Serials Database". Zentralblatt MATH. Springer Science+Business Media. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- "Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics". 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2017.