|Full name||Josh Mellington|
|Date of birth||29 December 1992|
|Original team(s)||Murray Bushrangers (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||#56, 2010 National Draft, Fremantle|
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||78 kg (172 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2013.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from Benalla, Mellington played junior football for the Murray Bushrangers in the TAC Cup. In 2010, Mellington led the Bushrangers' goalkicking, with 41 for the season, and finished fourth in the TAC Cup best and fairest. He was "shocked" when drafted by Fremantle with their third selection, 56th overall, in the 2010 AFL Draft.
He made his official AFL debut in Round 14 of the 2011 AFL season against Brisbane Lions at Patersons Stadium. Mellington was delisted by Fremantle following the 2013 AFL season after only playing six games in his three year stint at the club.
He continued to court controversy in his post-playing career when he was discovered to be making sexist and disparaging remarks about AFLW players online, in 2019.
- Mitchell, Chris (18 November 2010). "Mellington hopes Dogs bite at draft". The Border Mail. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- Mitchell, Chris (19 November 2010). "DRAFT: Shocked Mellington heads west". The Border Mail. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- Quartermaine, Braden (13 February 2011). "New faces as Fremantle rebuilds with eye on finals". Herald Sun. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- Fremantle captain Matthew Pavlich repels Brisbane Lions
- "Jail looming for footy star Josh Mellington if convicted again". Border Mail. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Hamblin, Andrea (20 March 2019). "Footy players among sexist trolls attacking female athletes". The New Daily. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Josh Mellington's profile on the official website of the Fremantle Football Club
- Josh Mellington's playing statistics from AFL Tables