November 13, 1978|
North Pole, Alaska, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
Corpus Christi Rayz
116th overall, 1998|
He played college hockey for the Michigan Wolverines. After turning professional, he played for the Augusta Lynx and Columbia Inferno in the ECHL and the Corpus Christi Rayz of the Central Hockey League.
After retiring from professional hockey in 2005, Blackburn became a goaltending consultant and opened his own goaltending school. In 2007, Blackburn returned to the University of Michigan as a volunteer assistant coach. In 2018, Blackburn joined Total Package Hockey, a hockey development program, as a goaltending coach.
Awards and honours
|All-CCHA Rookie Team||1998–99|
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||1999|
|All-CCHA Second Team||2000–01|
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2002|
- "JOSH BLACKBURN". mgoblue.com. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "Alumnus Blackburn Returns as Volunteer Assistant Coach". mgoblue.com. September 19, 2007. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "Josh Blackburn hired as new goaltending coach at Detroit CoE". totalpackagehockey.com. September 18, 2018. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "All-CCHA Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-27.