Joseph Lister Memorial
The Joseph Lister Memorial is a memorial to Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister by the sculptor Thomas Brock, situated in Portland Place in Marylebone, London. The memorial is positioned in the centre of the road opposite numbers 71 to 81 and is Grade II listed. It is close to Lister's home at 12 Park Crescent.
The memorial in 2014
|Opening date||13 March 1924|
The memorial was unveiled by Sir John Bland-Sutton, President of the Royal College of Surgeons, on 13 March 1924. The base of the monument is made of grey Aberdeen granite. On top of the base is a bronze bust of Joseph Lister. At the front are the figures of a woman and a boy: the boy is holding a garland of flowers; the woman is pointing to Lister with her right hand.
- England, Historic. "LISTER MONUMENT IN CENTRE OF ROAD OPPOSITE NUMBERS 71 TO 81 (ODD) PORTLAND PLACE, City of Westminster - 1265542| Historic England". historicengland.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Lister, 1st Baron, (Joseph Lister) (5 April 1827–10 Feb. 1912)". Who's Who 2019. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u188240. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Lister Memorial". The Times (43600). 14 March 1924. pp. 15–16.
Media related to Memorial to Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister (Portland Place, London) at Wikimedia Commons
- Bust: Joseph Lister bust at London Remembers
- Joseph Lister Statue – Portland Place, London, UK at Waymarking