Jonathan Law High School
|Jonathan Law High School|
|School district||Milford Public Schools|
|Faculty||81.15 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.39|
|Color(s)||Black and gold|
|Athletics conference||CAS/CIAC Southern Connecticut Conference|
|Website||Jonathan Law High School|
The school was built in the 1960s to accommodate the increased student census caused by the baby-boom after World War II. It was named in honor of the 27th Governor of the Colony of Connecticut, Jonathan Law (August 6, 1674 – November 6, 1750). Until the 1970s, the Milford Public School System continued to include two public high schools, Milford High School in the central part of the city and Jonathan Law High School on the west end of the city, but shortly after the opening of a third, Joseph A. Foran High School on the east end of the city, Milford High School was closed and converted to accommodate municipal administrative offices due to the city's diminishing student census. The school mascot is a humanoid eagle, but male sports teams refer to themselves as the Lawmen.
Jonathan Law High School (Jlaw) is a public high school in Milford, Connecticut. Students have many offerings of AP classes and college prep courses. The grades Jonathan Law offers are grades 9–12. Jonathan Law is made up of students from West Shore Middle School and Harborside Middle School. Jonathan Law is located on 20 Landsdale Avenue Milford, Connecticut. This location is a walkable distance from Walnut Beach and Route 1.
Activities and clubs
- The Advocate (School Newspaper)
- Band (Marching Band/Concert Band/Jazz Band)
- Book Club
- Color Guard/Winter Guard
- Debate Club
- Drama Club
- Fishing Club
- Friends Forever
- Interact Club
- Key Club
- Keyette Club
- Milford High School Fencing Club
- Milford United Percussion
- Model UN
- Morning News
- Multicultural Club
- National Honor Society
- Natural Helpers
- Sign Language Club
- Ski/Snowboard Club
- Student Council
- Unified Arts
- Unified Sports
- Yearbook - The Rostrum
- Tennis (Male and Female)
- Cross country (Male and Female)
- Basketball (Male and Female)
- Swimming (Male and Female)
- Soccer (Male and Female)
- Wrestling (Male and Female)
- Ice Hockey (Male and Female)
- Outdoor Track (Male and Female)
- Indoor Track (Male and Female)
- Lacrosse (Male and Female)
- Golf (Male and Female)
- "Jonathan Law High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "Jonathan Law High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "CAS/CIAC Member Search". Connecticut Association of Schools. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Law's News
- Clubs and Activities
- "Milford Public Schools: Jonathan Law High School". www.milforded.org. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Milford Public Schools: Athletics". www.milforded.org. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Girls hockey: Kerri Rowland's journey a life lesson | Milford Mirror". Milford Mirror. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Welcome to CASCIAC.org". www.casciac.org. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Home - SouthernConnecticutConference.org". www.southernconnecticutconference.org. Retrieved 2017-04-19.