John Zulberti was a four-time All-American NCAA lacrosse player at Syracuse University from 1986 to 1989. The Orange won NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships in 1988 and 1989 with Zulberti teaming up perennial all-timers Gary Gait, Paul Gait and Tom Marechek.
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||180 pounds (82 kg)|
|NLL teams||Buffalo Bandits|
|NCAA team||Syracuse University|
In the 1988 championship, Zulberti teamed with high scoring teammates the Gait brothers and Tom Marechek to lead the Orange to a 13-8 win over Cornell. These same four offensive leaders again teamed up to win the 1989 championship 13 to 12 over Johns Hopkins.
Zulberti was named the Jack Turnbull Award winner as the nation's top attackman in 1988 and 1989. He is among the all-time leaders in NCAA scoring, is 6th all-time on the Syracuse scoring list, and even ranks among the all-time point getters in New York Public School history.
Like fellow Syracuse alum Brad Kotz, Zulberti played high school lacrosse at powerful West Genesee High School, where he had 361 points career points. In his junior and senior years at West Genesee, Zulberti had 129 and 139 points, respectively.
- (a) 12th in NCAA Men's Division I all-time Assists
- (b) 19th in NCAA Men's Division I all-time Total Points
- "Syracuse Lacrosse Media Guide" (PDF). Syracuse University. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-03-04.
- "Syracuse Men's Lacrosse Statistics Page". Syracuse University. 1989. Archived from the original on 2007-08-08.
- "West Genesee Wildcat Lacrosse". West Genesee High School.
- "New York Public Lacrosse records". New York Public School Records. Archived from the original on 2010-11-29.