John Tucker (ice hockey)
John G. Tucker (born September 29, 1964 in Windsor, Ontario) is a former Canadian professional ice hockey centre who played twelve seasons in the National Hockey League in the 1980s and 90s, most notably with the Buffalo Sabres and the Tampa Bay Lightning, scoring 177 goals and 259 assists in 656 career regular season games and a further 28 points in 31 play-off games. He played several more seasons in Italy and Japan as well.
September 29, 1964|
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
New York Islanders
Tampa Bay Lightning
31st overall, 1983|
Tucker was drafted 31st overall by Buffalo in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft having played junior for the Kitchener Rangers where he won the Memorial Cup in 1982. He played for Buffalo from 1983 through 1989. He was acquired by the Washington Capitals on January 5, 1990. Rejoining the Sabres the following season, following an off season trade from Washington, he was again traded, this time to the New York Islanders. The following season, Tucker joined H.C. Asiago of the Italian League, scoring 88 points in 36 games and winning the Trofeo Gazzetino for MVP of the league . Tucker returned to the NHL in 1992, when he joined expansion franchise Tampa Bay, playing four seasons with the Lightning.
Since 2006, Tucker has served as an advisor and interim coach for his former Italian team H.C. Asiago. In 2010, Tucker was named head coach and led the team to two consecutive league championships and a Continental Cup final. Tucker recently completed his third season coaching H.C. Asiago.
Tucker resides in Tampa, Florida and Asiago, Italy. He is the founder of the Tampa Bay Lightning Alumni Association chapter, and is heavily involved in Florida youth hockey.
Regular season and playoffs
|1990–91||New York Islanders||NHL||20||3||4||7||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|1992–93||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||78||17||39||56||69||—||—||—||—||—|
|1993–94||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||66||17||23||40||28||—||—||—||—||—|
|1994–95||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||46||12||13||25||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|1995–96||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||63||3||7||10||18||2||0||0||0||2|
- "John G. Tucker". Legends of Hockey.net. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- "Memorial Cup 1982". Kitchener Rangers.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- "John Tucker: Right Wing - Notes". Capitals.com. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- Lee, Steve (2010-03-19). "Junior Lightning Is Rsunner-Up In Nike Bauer International Tournament". Center Ice Magazine.
- "John Tucker". Hockey Reference.com. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-06-16. Retrieved 2014-04-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)