John Paynter (footballer)
|Full name||John Paynter|
|Date of birth||15 May 1960|
|Original team(s)||Brighton High School|
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
|Representative team honours|
|South Australia||6 (?)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1992.
After initially starting his career at Glenelg, Paynter shifted to Sturt in 1983 where he would win the best and fairest in his first season and would win three more over the course of 248 games for that club. He was club captain for his final two seasons (1991–1992). In 2015, Paynter was inducted into the South Australian Football Hall of Fame.
Paynter currently coaches the Modbury Football Club in Division 1 of the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League.
- Phillips, Max (3 June 2015). "Paynter back 'home'". Adelaide Football Club. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Devaney, John. "John Paynter". Australian Football. Full Points Footy. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Rucci, Michaelangelo (7 September 2015). "SANFL recognises five greats from SA football's era of massive change with Hall of Fame honour". News Corporation. The Advertiser. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Argent, Peter (5 July 2015). "Adelaide Uni Trio – Part of the New Age of SA Football" (PDF). The Footy Budget (Round 12 – Division 1): 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 July 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- John Paynter at AustralianFootball.com