John Llewellyn Moxey
John Llewellyn Moxey (26 February 1925 – 29 April 2019), sometimes credited as John L. Moxey or John Moxey, was an Argentinian-born British film and television director. He was known for directing the horror film The City of the Dead (also known as Horror Hotel, 1960) and directing episodes of The Saint, Magnum, P.I. and Murder, She Wrote.
John Llewellyn Moxey
|Died||29 April 2019 94) (aged|
|Occupation||Film director, television director|
(1970–2019; 2 children)
Life and career
Moxey was born in Argentina in 1925. His family operated a coal and steel business out of South America at the time. He attended Rose Hill School, Banstead, Ottershaw College, Bradfield College and the Royal Military College, Sandhurst.
Before entering the film industry, he served in the Second World War in the 53rd Division Reconnaissance Corps. Beginning his career as an editor, he subsequently went on to direct episodes of the British series London Playhouse and The Adventures of Tugboat Annie.
For much of his career he focused on directing television, including episodes of the British series Man of the World, The Edgar Wallace Mysteries, Armchair Theatre, The Baron, The Saint and the American series Judd, for the Defense, Hawaii Five-O, Mission: Impossible, Mannix, Kung Fu, Miami Vice, Magnum, P.I., Murder, She Wrote and the pilot episode of Charlie's Angels. He also directed a number of television films, including A Taste of Evil (1971), Home for the Holidays (1972), The Night Stalker (1972), Genesis II (1973), Where Have All the People Gone? (1974), No Place to Hide (1981) and Desire, the Vampire (1982).
- John Llewellyn Moxey biography at AllMovie.com
- "John Llewellyn Moxey". www.aveleyman.com.
- "The Terror Trap: Directors: John Llewellyn Moxey". www.terrortrap.com.
- "Banstead Village - Rose Hill school Park Road Banstead". www.bansteadvillage.com.
- says, John Moxey. "Ottershaw Park Estate". Exploring Surrey's Past.
- "Clipping from Journal and Courier". Newspapers.com.
- "John Llewellyn Moxey - Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "Circus of Fear (1966) - Werner Jacobs, John Llewellyn Moxey - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie.
- "John Llewellyn Moxey". BFI.