John J. Ordover
John J. Ordover is the American founder and CEO of JJO Marketing, a digital art gallery owner, and is best known for being an editor at Pocket Books from 1992 to 2003 overseeing the Star Trek franchise licensed novels, and from 2003 to 2005 Editor-In-Chief of Phobos Books. In 2018 he released Lie There and Lose Weight: How I Lost 100 Pounds by Doing Next to Nothing, a weight loss memoir, from Wilder Publications, ISBN 9781-5154-1933-4. Since losing weight Ordover has added acting to his creative list, including appearances on 2018–2019 season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Madam Secretary,Law & Order: SVU, New Amsterdam, Manifest and Instinct
Star Trek: New Frontier
Ordover is the co-creator of such spin-off series as Star Trek: New Frontier (with writer Peter David), Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers and Star Trek: I.K.S. Gorkon (both with Keith R.A. DeCandido), Star Trek: Stargazer (with Michael Jan Friedman), and Star Trek: Challenger (with Diane Carey).
According to Peter David, the basic concept for New Frontier was Ordover's, as was the notion of using several already existing characters, with David having fleshed out the concept and created the original characters.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Ordover is also an active nudist, the founder of Clothing Optional Dinners, a dining club in New York City for nudists. On July 11, 2007, Ordover launched a nude dinner cruise from Sheepshead Bay, New York.
- Identity Crisis (2005). Part of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers series.
- "PeterDavid.net: WHAT'CHA WANNA KNOW?". Peterdavid.net.
- "John Ordover". Facebook.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-12. Retrieved 2013-07-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-04-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Shynkin, Alla. "All Things Bacon Sizzled At NYC's Bacon-Palooza". NPR.org.
- McCormack, Simon (2010-10-04). "Bacon-Palooza Set To Sizzle In SoHo". Huffington Post.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2013-07-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Macsai, Gwen (2005-08-13). "Naked Dining in Manhattan". Weekend Edition. National Public Radio. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- "NudistDay.com on Nude Cruise". CODinners. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- "The Bride Buyers". Newsweek. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2007-09-16.