John Glyn-Jones (28 August 1908 – 21 January 1997) was a British stage, radio, television and film actor.
in Smokescreen (1964)
|Born||28 August 1908|
|Died||21 January 1997 87) (aged|
His father was a Member of Parliament and he was educated at Bishop's Stortford College and Oxford University. He began his acting career in repertory theatre in Oxford and with the BBC Drama Repertory Company, with whom he played Organ Morgan in the original recording of Under Milk Wood in 1954. As well as acting he was also a producer and director for the BBC, during 1947-51.
- Save a Little Sunshine (1938) - Impressionist (uncredited)
- Inspector Hornleigh (1939) - Alfred (uncredited)
- They Came by Night (1940) - Llewellyn Jones
- The Proud Valley (1940) - Mr. Howes - Collector (uncredited)
- Convoy (1940) - Mate
- Sailors Three (1940) - Best Man
- Vice Versa (1948) - Bindabun Doss
- The Long Memory (1952) - Gedge
- Valley of Song (1953) - Ebenezer Davies
- The Final Test (1953) - Mr. Willis
- The Heart of the Matter (1953) - Harris (uncredited)
- A Day to Remember (1953) - Mr. Mitchell (uncredited)
- The Love Lottery (1954) - Prince Boris
- Carrington V.C. (1954) - Reporter - Evans
- Value for Money (1955) - Arkwright
- The Truth About Women (1957) - Raven
- Heart of a Child (1958) - Priest
- The Adventures of Hal 5 (1958) - Mr. Goorlie
- Carlton-Browne of the F.O. (1959) - Newsreel Interviewer
- Web of Evidence (1959) - Magistrate
- I'm All Right Jack (1959) - Detto Executive
- Two-Way Stretch (1960) - Lawyer
- Man in the Moon (1960) - Dr. Wilmot
- The Sinister Man (1961) - Dr. Maurice Tarn
- Locker 69 (1962) - Insp. Roon
- Go to Blazes (1962) - Fire Chief
- Waltz of the Toreadors (1962) - Jenkins the Innkeeper
- Heavens Above! (1963) - Professor (uncredited)
- The Yellow Teddy Bears (1963) - Benny Wintle
- Smokescreen (1964) - Player
- Decline and Fall... of a Birdwatcher (1968) - Warden
- Nobody Ordered Love (1972) - Harry
- Dark Places (1973) - Bank Manager
- The Copter Kids (1976) - Mr. Davidson (final film role)
- Profile, bfi.org.uk; accessed 31 May 2015.
- "John Glyn-Jones - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "THOMAS, D.: Under Milk Wood and Other Plays (The 1954 Premiere Radio Recording) (Unabridged)". www.naxos.com.
- Who's Who on Television. Independent Television Publications Ltd. 1970
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9781526111975 – via Google Books.