John F. Kennedy High School (Cleveland, Ohio)
John F. Kennedy has 2 of the 37 public high schools in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The school first opened in 1965. The current enrollment is under 700. The mascot is the Eagle and the school colors are red, white and blue. John F. Kennedy is now 2 schools in one. These schools are PACT and E3agle Academy. The school as a whole has a lot of activities after school. Some activities they offer are baseball, basketball, football, track and field, and wrestling.
|John F. Kennedy Academic Campus|
17100 Harvard Avenue
|Type||Public, coeducational high school|
|School district||Cleveland Metropolitan School District|
|Principal||Lennox Thompson, Theo Robinson|
|Color(s)||Red, White & Blue |
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
|Sports||Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Track, Wrestling, Baseball|
|Team name||Fighting Eagles|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Mayor||Frank G. Jackson|
|Athletic Director||Albert Lewis|
John F. Kennedy High School is located in the Lee-Havard neighborhood on the southeast of Cleveland. Nearby is a library and shopping center. Down the street is another high school called Whitney M. Young.
PACT means Problem-based Academy of Critical Thinking. PACT is the high school of the future. Pact is also 1 out of 3 schools in 1 building only for grades 9-11. Pact offers Robotics, field trips, college visits, and student-created class schedules. Pact was created to make students excellent and provide students with tools to succeed. Pact Academy is a year-round school. This means its 10 weeks in school and 3 weeks out.
In Eagle Academy they focus on social justice and helping students get to 12th grade. Their school also has grades 9-11 and they have to wear a red shirt that say E3agle academy on it. The sports team for eagle and pact play together which means some students from pact play with students in eagle. Eagle Academy is a year-round school. This means it 10 weeks in and 3 weeks out. The activities that we have are pink boutique women's club, band/drumline, students government and more.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Track - 1969
Notes and references
- "John F Kennedy". CMSD. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-05. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- OHSAA.ORG http://officials.myohsaa.org/Outside/Schedule/AthleticDirector. Retrieved 14 February 2017. Missing or empty
- "JFK Pact". Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "JFK E3agle Academy / Homepage". www.clevelandmetroschools.org. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.