John Douglas (Irish politician)
John Harold Douglas (29 April 1912 – 1982) was an Irish politician and an independent member of Seanad Éireann. He was nominated by the Taoiseach to the 8th Seanad on 1 October 1954, replacing his deceased father James G. Douglas.
Douglas was a Quaker like his father, and succeeded him as managing director of the family linen and clothing companies. On 2 September 1941, he married Hazel née Malcolm (1915/6–8 September 2009); they had three children: Jarmila Gay, Averti Karen, and James Malcolm.
- World who's who in commerce and industry. Marquis-Who's Who. 1968-01-01. p. 375.
- "Mr. John Harold Douglas". Members Database 1919 - 2011. Houses of the Oireachtas. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- "Senator Introduced". Seanad Éireann debates. 24 November 1954. pp. Vol.44 No.3 p.7. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- Douglas, James Green; Gaughan, J. Anthony (1998). Memoirs of Senator James G. Douglas (1887-1954), concerned citizen. University College Dublin Press. p. 45. ISBN 978-1-900621-19-9. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "The death has occurred of Hazel Douglas, (née Malcolm) of Dublin". RIP.ie. 11 September 2009. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2011.