Johann Lafer became well-known through his televised cooking show and his numerous cookbooks. His television show is self-produced.
He was a regular guest of the television host Markus Lanz, in whose show he regularly prepared meals in front of an audience.
He lives with his wife Silvia and two children Jennifer and Jonathan in a little village called Guldental.
He also operates a cooking school in Guldental.
He also acts as a pilot in his Helicopter dining program.
- In 1997 Johann was named "Chef of the Year" by "Gault Millau"
- In 2006 he was given a star by "Guide Michelin".
- Produces his own cooking show on television.
- Started a pilot project for healthy eating in schools (food@ucation)
- Runs his cooking school in Guldental
- Homepage of Johann Lafer (in German)
- Who´s Who of Chefs (in German)
- Lafer! Lichter! Lecker! (TV Show)
- Johann Lafer Infos (in German)