Gardner was born in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. She made her stage debut immediately on leaving school and by age 18 had achieved success there. She was seen by Alexander Korda (her future brother-in-law) who signed her to a five-year film contract at London Film Productions, with Wedding Rehearsal being her film debut as one of the Roxbury twins.
Joan Gardner 1934
26 October 1914
Chesham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK
|Died||17 September 1999 84) (aged|
(m. 1930; died 1961)
Joan Gardner (1914–1999) was a British actress.
Gardner was married to Zoltán Korda and together they had two sons, David and Nicholas. Not related with Janis Gardner.
- Wedding Rehearsal (1932)
- Men of Tomorrow (1932)
- The Man Outside (1933)
- Love at Second Sight (1934)
- The Rise of Catherine the Great (1934)
- The Private Life of Don Juan (1934)
- The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934)
- Barnacle Bill (1935)
- The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936)
- Forget Me Not (1936)
- Wings Over Africa (1937)
- Dark Journey (1937)
- The Rebel Son (1938)
- The Challenge (1938)
- "Joan Gardner". BFI.
- "Joan Gardner | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.