Jim Silvestro (born 30 May 1963) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with the Sydney Swans in the Victorian Football League (VFL).
|Full name||Jim Silvestro|
|Date of birth||30 May 1963|
|Draft||No. 19, 1987 national draft|
|Height||173 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||73 kg (161 lb)|
|1988||Sydney Swans||8 (7)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1988.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Silvestro won the Latrobe Valley Football League's best and fairest award back to back in 1986 and 1987, playing for Traralgon. A rover, he was selected by the Sydney Swans with pick 49 in the 1987 National Draft. He made eight appearances for the Swans in the 1988 VFL season. In round 12, he kicked four goals in a win over the West Coast Eagles at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
From 1991 to 1993, then again in 1998, Silvestro was coach of Corowa-Rutherglen in the Ovens & Murray Football League. He also coached the Wodonga Raiders, in 1996.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Lovett, Michael (2004). AFL 2004 - The Official Statistical History Of The AFL. AFL Publishing. ISBN 0-9580300-5-7.
- AFL Tables: Jim Silvestro
- Sydney Morning Herald,"Tiny maestro puts the Swans into contention", 20 June 1988, p. 58
- "History". Fox Sports Pulse.
- "Honour Boards". Wodonga Raiders. Archived from the original on 29 March 2014.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.