Jiggs and Maggie in Jackpot Jitters
Jiggs and Maggie in Jackpot Jitters is a 1949 American comedy film directed by William Beaudine and starring Joe Yule, Renie Riano and George McManus. It was the third of four films in the Jiggs and Maggie film series, spun off from Bringing Up Father (1946). The series follows the adventures of a family of Irish immigrants to the United States.
|Jiggs and Maggie in Jackpot Jitters|
|Directed by||William Beaudine|
|Produced by||Barney Gerard|
|Written by||Edward F. Cline |
|Starring||Joe Yule |
|Music by||Edward J. Kay|
|Cinematography||L. William O'Connell|
|Edited by||Roy V. Livingston|
|Distributed by||Monogram Pictures|
|August 28, 1949|
Jiggs and Maggie win a racehorse in a competition, but lose large sums of money on it each time it races.
- Joe Yule as Jiggs
- Renie Riano as Maggie
- George McManus as George McManus
- Tim Ryan as Dinty Moore
- Pat Goldin as Dugan
- June Harrison as Nora
- Sam Hayes as Race Announcer
- Joe Hernandez as Race Announcer
- Jimmy Aubrey as McGurk
- Leon Belasco as Gambler
- Willie Best as Willie
- Betty Blythe as Mrs. Van Belden
- Chester Conklin as Jiggs' Friend
- Joe Devlin as Casey
- Earle Hodgins as Joe Klink
- Eddie Kane as Gambler
- Tom Kennedy as Murphy
- Drew p.170
- Drew, Bernard A. Motion Picture Series and Sequels: A Reference Guide. Routledge, 2013.
- Marshall, Wendy L. William Beaudine: From Silents to Television. Scarecrow Press, 2005.