Jesse Vincent (born June 21, 1976) is a computer programmer and entrepreneur, best known for his work with the Perl programming language. He created the ticket-tracking system Request Tracker ("RT") and founded the company Best Practical Solutions.
- For the early-20th-century automotive engineer, see Jesse G. Vincent.
He created RT while working at Wesleyan University in 1994. Graduating from the university in 1998, Vincent founded Best Practical in 2001. He co-authored RT Essentials in 2005.
He is the founder and former project lead of K-9 Mail Email app for Android.
In 2012 he became interested in the ergonomics of keyboards, having designed and built himself several designs. In 2014 he co-founded Keyboardio.
From 2005 to 2008 he served as the project manager for Perl 6. He was the keeper of the pumpkin for Perl versions 5.12 and 5.14. He changed the release cycle for Perl 5 from an irregular release done at the leisure of the project manager to a regular timeboxed release with development releases monthly and stable releases annually.
- Russian/Study abroad, Wesleyan.edu. Jesse Vincent '98, last entry on page. Retrieved on 29 March 2012.
- "Speaker: Jesse Vincent: Android Open - O'Reilly Conferences, October 09 - 11, 2011, San Francisco". androidopen.com. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Vincent, Jesse; Spier, Robert; Rolsky, Dave; Chamberlain, Darren; Foley, Richard (2005-08-18). RT Essentials: Jesse Vincent, Robert Spier, Dave Rolsky, Darren Chamberlain, Richard Foley: 9780596006686: Amazon.com: Books. ISBN 978-0596006686.
- "Model 00 - Massively Parallel Procrastination". fsck.com. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "The Great Pumpkin - Jesse Vincent - org.perl.perl5-porters - MarkMail". markmail.org. Retrieved 5 August 2015.