Jesse James Rides Again
|Jesse James Rides Again|
|Directed by||Fred C. Brannon|
|Produced by||M. J. Frankovich|
|Written by||Franklin Adreon|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
|13 chapters / 180 minutes|
|Budget||$149,967 (negative cost: $180,497)|
- Clayton Moore as Jesse James
- Linda Stirling as Ann Bolton. It was during filming of this serial that Linda Stirling met her future husband Sloane Nibley.
- Roy Barcroft as Frank Lawton
- John Compton as Steve Lane
- Tristram Coffin as James Clark
- Tom London as Sam Bolton
- Holly Bane as Tim
- Edmund Cobb as Farmer Wilkie
Jesse James Rides Again was budgeted at $149,967 although the final negative cost was $180,497 (a $30,530, or 20.4%, overspend).
This was one of only four 13-chapter serials to be released by Republic. Three of the four were released in 1947, the only original serials released in that year. The fourth serial of the year was a re-release of the 15-chapter, 1941 serial Jungle Girl. This marked the first time Republic had re-released a serial to add to their first run serial releases.
Special effects created by the Lydecker brothers.
- The Black Raiders (20min)
- Signal for Action (13min 20s)
- The Stacked Deck (13min 20s)
- Concealed Evidence (13min 20s)
- The Corpse of Jesse James (13min 20s)
- The Traitor (13min 20s)
- Talk or Die! (13min 20s)
- Boomerang (13min 20s)
- The Captured Raider (13min 20s) - a re-cap chapter
- The Revealing Torch (13min 20s)
- The Spy (13min 20s)
- Black Gold (13min 20s)
- Deadline at Midnight (13min 20s)
- Mathis, Jack (1995). Valley of the Cliffhangers Supplement. Jack Mathis Advertising. pp. 3, 10, 98–99. ISBN 0-9632878-1-8.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "5. A Cheer for the Champions (The Heroes and Heroines)". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 88. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 245. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
Son of Zorro (1947)
| Republic Serial
Jesse James Rides Again (1947)
The Black Widow (1947)