|Born||3 May 1989|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||114 kg (17 st 13 lb)|
As of 1 October 2019
He has played his entire National Rugby League career to date with the Storm, with whom he won the 2012 and the 2017 NRL Grand Final, and the 2010 and 2013 World Club Challenges. He played for the NRL All Stars in 2015.
He played junior rugby league for the Manurewa Marlins. All of his junior career was spent in Auckland, being an Auckland Sea lions NJC under 18s grand finalist and Auckland Rugby League under 18s grand finalist in 2006, playing for Auckland Metro under 18s in 2007 and Auckland Māori in both 2007 and 2008. In 2007 he played representative football for the New Zealand Māori under 18’s side. He moved with his family to Australia in his late teens and played for the New South Wales country club Orange Hawks in 2008. His good form in the 2008 season was acknowledged when he became a New South Wales Country Rugby League Group 10 under 23’s representative player.
Bromwich signed with Melbourne in 2009. In his first season with the club he was voted Toyota Cup NYC under 20s prop forward of the year and was named in the NYC team of the year after Melbourne won the competition. Bromwich played in the Storm's under-20s 24-22 grand final win over the West Tigers.
Bromwich made his first-team debut against the Harlequins RL at the Twickenham Stoop in the World City Challenge in 2010. He made his full first-grade debut a week later against the Leeds Rhinos in the 2010 World Club Challenge. The Storm won the trophy with an 18-10 win over the Super League champions at Elland Road, Leeds.
He made his NRL debut against the Cronulla Sharks in round 1 of the 2010 NRL season. He played in seven NRL matches during the season, and 21 matches in 2011, before signing an extension of his contract to play for Melbourne through the 2015 season. In 2012, he played in Storm's Grand Final victory over Canterbury-Bankstown. He played in Storm's 2013 World Club Challenge victory over Leeds Rhinos, scoring a try.
On May 7, 2017, Bromwich stood down as captain of the Kiwis and was suspended for 2 games after a cocaine scandal following the Kiwis thrashing to Australia in the final ANZAC test.
On May 8, 2017, Bromwich was removed from the Kiwis World Cup squad for drunk and disorderly behaviour after the Anzac test.
Jesse played a part in the successful 2018 World Club Challenge team that played against Leeds Rhinos at Melbourne. He was also part of the Melbourne Storm team that played in the 2018 NRL Grand Final.
- Dally M Prop of the Year: 2016
- Ferguson, Shawn Dollin and Andrew. "Jesse Bromwich - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Rugbyleagueproject.org. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Kenneath Bromwich". Melbourne Storm. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "BROMWICH BROTHERS BREAKING THROUGH" (PDF). PSP Management. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "JESSE_BROMWICH". PSP Management. 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "STORM DUO IN NYC TEAM OF THE YEAR". rleague.com. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Bellamy announces squad to face Leeds". Engage Super League. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "JESSE MAKES 2009 TOYOTA CUP TEAM OF THE YEAR" (PDF). PSP Management. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Calm before the Storm". Maitland Mercury. 29 December 2009. Archived from the original on 2 March 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "JAMES MALONEY". flickr. 26 April 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 0 MELBOURNE STORM 30". rleague.com. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Muddy Storm thrills the Stoop as champions prove their class". Quins. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Melbourne Storm defeat Leeds Rhinos 18-10 in World Club Challenge". Fox Sports. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "Leeds 10-18 Melbourne". BBC. 28 February 2010. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- "NRL Line-ups: Round 1". Fox Sports. 9 March 2010. Archived from the original on 29 September 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
- "Cronulla v Melbourne - Round 1 - Saturday 13 March 2010". SMH. 13 March 2010. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Bromwich commits to Storm in new NRL deal". ninemsn. 25 November 2011. Archived from the original on 28 November 2011. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- "Jesse Bromwich retains Kiwis Player of Year honours". Nzherald.co.nz. 20 January 2017.
- Gardiner, Gilbert. "Locked in: Storm star's forward thinking". Herald Sun. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jesse Bromwich.|