1981/1982 (age 37–38)
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Education||Juilliard School (BFA)|
Hamish Brocklebank (m. 2015)
Weixler graduated in 1999 from Atherton High School in Louisville, Kentucky, where she also attended the Walden Theatre Conservatory Program and was in The River City Players acting group and in the Chamber Singers choral group. Subsequently, Weixler, attended Juilliard where she was a classmate of Jessica Chastain. She was a participant during the first year of Bruce Brubaker's InterArts performance project at Juilliard.
In 2007 she was nominated for a Breakthrough Award at the Gotham Awards, and won the Special Jury Prize in Dramatic category "For a juicy and jaw-dropping performance" at the Sundance Film Festival, both for her role in Teeth. She also appeared in the TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent. In January 2009, she was named by New York magazine as the "New Indie Queen" of the year and one of the fourteen "New Yorkers you need to know".
In 2013, she joined the cast of CBS series The Good Wife, playing investigator Robyn Burdine. That same year she appeared in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby as the title character's sister. The part was written specifically for her.
Weixler next turned her hand to writing, penning the script for Apartment Troubles with her friend, and former roommate Jennifer Prediger. The two co-directed and co-starred in the movie. Apartment Troubles premiered at the 2014 Los Angeles Film Festival. It was picked up by Gravitas Ventures and given theatrical and VOD distribution in March 2015.
On June 9, 2015, Variety announced that Jamie Bamber, Kellan Lutz, Jesse Williams, and Jess Weixler had joined the cast of a thriller film titled Money, directed by Martin Rosete and produced by Atit Shah.
She played Audra Phillips in the sequel, It Chapter Two.
Weixler is married to Hamish Brocklebank, an English businessman and co-founder of Flooved. In 2019 their first daughter named Beatrice Danger Brocklebank was born.
|2005||Little Manhattan||TV Cowgirl|
|2006||The Big Bad Swim||Jordan Gallagher|
|2009||Peter and Vandy||Vandy|
|2009||Alexander the Last||Alex|
|2009||Welcome to Academia||Sophie|
|2010||As Good as Dead||Amy||Uncredited|
|2010||Audrey the Trainwreck||Tammy|
|2011||The Man Who Never Cried||Ginny||Short film|
|2012||Somebody Up There Likes Me||Lyla|
|2012||Best Man Down||Kristin|
|2013||The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her||Katy Rigby|
|2013||The Face of Love||Summer|
|2014||Listen Up Philip||Holly Kane|
|2014||The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them||Katy Rigby|
|2016||Sister Cities||Austin Baxter|
|2017||Who We Are Now||Gabby|
|2019||Chained for Life||Mabel|
|2019||The Death of Dick Long||Jane Long|
|2019||It Chapter Two||Audra Phillips|
|2003||Guiding Light||Caroline Boyle||1 Episode|
|2003||Hack||Martha Skulnick||Episode: "Blind Faith"|
|2004||Everwood||Nikki||Episode: "Do or Die"|
|2005||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Amy Buckley||Episode: "In the Wee Small Hours"|
|2009||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Laura Green||Episode: "The Glory That Was..."|
|2010||Medium||Mandy Sutton||Episode: "An Everlasting Love"|
|2010||Law & Order||Carrie Newton||Episode: "Brilliant Disguise"|
|2013–2014||The Good Wife||Robyn Burdine||Recurring role (19 episodes)|
|2017–2019||The Son||Sally McCullough||Main role|
- "New Indie Queen: Jess Weixler". New York magazine. January 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- Pearlman, Cindy (September 22, 2014). "Jessica Chastain, Jess Weixler like sisters in 'Rigby' and real life". Chicago Sun Times. Archived from the original on April 15, 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- Douglas, Edward (September 8, 2014). "Interview: The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Writer and Director Ned Benson". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- Topel, Fred. "APARTMENT TROUBLES Exclusive: Jennifer Prediger on the Evils of Low Angle Photography". nukethefridge.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- "LA FILM FEST SUCCESS STORY—HOW APARTMENT TROUBLES MADE ITS WAY TO THEATERS". Archived from the original on 2015-04-15. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- Hopewell, John; Mayorga, Emilio (June 9, 2015). "Lutz, Bamber, Weixler, Williams Are Set To Star in 'Money'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "'It: Chapter Two' adds Teach Grant and Jess Weixler to cast". EW.com. Retrieved 2019-09-12.
- Parker, Heidi (December 6, 2015). "Good Wife star Jess Weixler weds longtime boyfriend Hamish Brocklebank on the beach in front of guest Jessica Chastain". The Daily Mail. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Durkan, Deirdre (March 7, 2019). "The Good Wife's Jess Weixler Welcomes Daughter Beatrice Danger". People Magazine. Retrieved March 7, 2019.