Jennylyn Anne Pineda Mercado (born May 15, 1987) is a Filipina actress, singer, and songwriter. She was the winner of the first season of the reality talent competition StarStruck. Mercado garnered acclaim at a young age for her acting performances on television and film. She starred in multiple commercially successful films, including English Only, Please (2014), The Prenup (2015), Walang Forever (2015), and Just the 3 of Us (2016). With GMA Records and Viva Records, Mercado has released three albums, which have several popular singles such as "Sa Aking Panaginip", "Moments Of Love" in collaboration with Janno Gibbs, "Maybe This Time", and "Kahit Sandali". In 2017, Mercado top billed the Philippine remake of My Love from the Star.
Jennylyn Anne Mercado
Jennylyn Anne Vergara Pineda Mercado
May 15, 1987
|Occupation||Actress, singer, host, product endorser, Model|
|Agent||GMA Artist Center|
|Known for||Steffi, Melanie, Dra. Lyra, Rhodora/Roxanne/Rowena, Hyper-Blossom|
Mercado's success in Philippine cinema has made her one of the top actresses in the country and established her status as the "Ultimate Star".
Early life and family
Jennylyn Mercado was born on May 15, 1987, to a mother who was a beauty consultant in a duty-free store. Her stepfather abused her as a child and burned her skin with cigarette butts. He was jailed for abusing Mercado, who was four years old at the time. Her mother, who was working in Dubai, immediately flew back to the Philippines not to help her daughter but to bail him out. After the incident, her aunt took her away and raised her, eventually adopting Mercado as her legal daughter. Mercado grew up in Parañaque, Metro Manila. She spent her senior year of high school at the Augustinian Abbey School in Las Piñas.
On October 14, 2004, Mercado's life story was featured in the weekly drama anthology Magpakailanman. She is an official spokesperson of the Bata Foundation (Christian Mission Services), a non-governmental organization.
Mercado is the niece of television reporter Abner Mercado. She has three cousins: Cherie Mercado is a news and radio anchor for News5, and sisters Charee Pineda and Eliza Pineda both work under the same network. She is also a distant relative of child actor Onyok Pineda.
Mercado started as a recording artist with Alpha Records in 1999 through the recommendation of her voice coach, Susanna Pichay. Mercado was in Nonoy Tan's singing group, G4. The group recorded two songs but never released an album due to two of the four members dropping out. After G4, Mercado went into commercial modeling, landing a stint with Bambini cologne and a Pond's TV advertisement. She was also part of the Elite Circle of "10 Modeling Search", where she competed with StarStruck co-finalist, Dion Ignacio.
In 2002, Mercado made her debut acting appearance playing a minor role in ABS-CBN's TV series Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay, which was top-billed by Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz.
In 2003, Mercado joined the reality show StarStruck. She and Mark Herras won, receiving 1,000,000 pesos and exclusive contracts from the GMA Network. After winning StarStruck, Mercado starred in numerous TV series, including Encantadia, I Luv NY, Dangal, Super Twins, Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?, SRO Cinemaserye: Suspetsa, Ikaw Sana, and Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak. She also acted in films such asSo Happy Together (2004) and teen-flick Let the Love Begin (2005).
Mercado released her first album Living the Dream, which contained original compositions by Vehnee Saturno, and a carrier single titled "Kahit Sandali". In May 2006, Mercado released her second album Letting Go, which included the single "Sa Aking Panaginip" by Vehnee Saturno. Mercado's first major concert was held at the Music Museum in Greenhills on May 15, 2006. In May 2009, she held a sold-out birthday concert titled "I Am Woman" at the Music Museum. In January 2010, under Viva Records, she released her third album, Love Is... Jennylyn Mercado.
Mercado starred in Filipino period piece Rosario (2010). Her acting career was handled by Becky Aguila and Viva Entertainment, where she joined her Starstruck co-alumnus Cristine Reyes. Mercado's singing career was managed by Viva Records. In 2011, her contract with Viva ended and was not renewed, though she joined Cristine Reyes. On 2013, Mercado signed with Regal Entertainment. She also signed with PolyEast Records, hoping to her reinvent herself as singer.
Mercado branched out into television hosting, hosting reality series Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break with co-hosts Ogie Alcasid and Dingdong Dantes. She was also in the GMA-7 Sunday talk show, Showbiz Central.
In 2013, Mercado acted in the romance The Bride and the Lover (2013). Her contract with Polyeast Records ended that year. In 2014, she played the role of a woman with a split personality through Rhodora X. According to Mercado, this was the most challenging role she has ever played. In late 2014, she released her fifth album through GMA Records.
At the end of 2014, Mercado agreed to participate in the 2014 Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF). Her entry, English Only, Please (2014), was originally offered to singer-actress Angeline Quinto and was chosen as one of the eight official movies for the film festival. It became a success despite having fewer promotions than the other movies included. Critics deemed it a "sleeper hit". In the film, Mercado played the role of Tere Madlansacay, a Filipino tutor. The film's success established her as a movie star. In early 2015, Mercado received the MMFF Best Actress award for the recently concluded film festival.
In 2015, Mercado was first in the FHM "Philippines' 100 Sexiest Women" list after Marian Rivera vacated the title. Before Mercado traveled to New York for the film PreNup with actor Sam Milby, she was surprised and given a plaque by publisher Aeus Reyes, Allan Altera, and GMA News reporter Nelson Canlas. On July 11, Mercado participated in the two-part FHM 100 Sexiest party at the SMX Convention Center in the SM Mall of Asia.
Mercado played the lead role of Melanie "Mel" Fernandez-Dela Paz in the GMA series My Faithful Husband, which aired on August 10, 2015. Despite its success, the series was not extended due to scheduling conflicts with Mercado, who at the time was acting in two films, The Prenup and WalangForever. The series earned the lead actors multiple acting awards and nominations. After the commercial success of WalangForever, Mercado earned her second consecutive MMFF Best Actress award in 2015.
Through social media, Mercado announced her upcoming project, confirming that she was acting in a new film with actor John Lloyd Cruz. The film, titled Just the 3 of Us, was produced by Star Cinema. It earned 16 million pesos in its opening day, which was the highest opening day gross of any of Mercado's movies and set a record for the highest opening day gross for a Philippine film. It went on to be one of the highest-grossing Philippine films of 2016.
After months of negotiations, Mercado and the GMA Network renewed their contract on July 4, 2016. As part of the contract, Mercado hosted GMA's new comedy-singing show Superstar Duets. She was later chosen to play the role of Steffi for the Philippine remake of the South Korean series My Love from the Star.
In 2008, at age 21, Mercado announced that she was pregnant. Her ex-boyfriend Patrick Garcia, who distanced himself upon learning of her pregnancy, was announced as the father of her child. On August 16, 2008, she gave birth to her son, Alex Jazz, via Caesarian section.
In 2007, Mercado and actor Patrick Garcia admitted that their relationship had lasted for a year after Mercado got pregnant. In 2010, Mercado began dating actor Dennis Trillo until they broke up in 2011. In 2011, television host and actor Luis Manzano admitted he was dating Mercado during an interview in ABS-CBN talk show Showbiz News Ngayon. They eventually broke up in 2013. After working together again in 2015, Mercado and Trillo were rumored to be in a relationship again, but this has not been confirmed.
Activism and hobbies
Mercado is a political activist. She works with GABRIELA, a Philippine women's organization.
Mercado is also an aspiring triathlete. In her free time, she takes jujitsu and Muay Thai lessons. "They built up my muscles. I looked heavy onscreen," Mercado recounted. "I realized that I needed cardio exercises to slim down." She discovered running and biking, which soon led her to join duathlon competitions in Alabang and Laguna. She is also a diver and wishes to inspire people to be environment friendly.
Drama television shows
|2020||Descendants of the Sun||Dra. Maxine Dela Cruz||Lead cast|
|2019||Love You Two||Rafaella "Raffy" Batungbakal|
|2018||The Cure||Charity "Charie" Valdez-Salvador|
|2017||My Love from the Star||Steffanie Elaine "Steffi" Chavez-Domingo|
|2015||My Faithful Husband||Melanie Fernandez|
|Second Chances||Dra. Lyra Bermudez-Padilla|
|2014||Rhodora X||Rhodora Ferrer-Vasquez/Baby/Roxanne/Rowena Ferrer|
|2013/2015||Sunday All Stars||Herself / Performer||Co-hosts|
|2013||Indio||Esperanza Sanreal||Main cast|
|2012||Hindi Ka Na Mag-iisa||Elisa Santos|
|Makapiling Kang Muli||Young Mara Silvestre-Valencia||Special participation|
|2011||Futbolilits||Lani Melendez||Main cast|
|Mars Ravelo's Captain Barbell||Rose||Main cast|
|2010||Little Star||Helen Estrella||Lead cast|
|2010||Sine Novela: Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak||Rachel Mantaring|
|2009||Ikaw Sana||Eliza Garcia/Eliza Montemayor-Olivarez|
|Sine Novela: Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?||Elizabeth "Lisa" Estrella-Valderama|
|2008||Sine Novela: Kaputol ng Isang Awit||Charmaine Ambrosio|
|2007||La Vendetta||Almira Cardinale|
|Super Twins||Super S|
|2006||Now and Forever: Dangal||Alta Salvador|
|I Luv NY||Natalie Young|
|Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas||Milagros/Lira|
|Forever In My Heart||Joey Almasan||Lead cast|
|Click Barkada Hunt||Herself||Lead cast / First GMA TV acting appearance|
|2002||Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay||Aira||First TV series appearance|
Drama anthology shows
|2016||Magpakailanman: Gayuma ng Pag ibig||Kukay|
|2015||Magpakailanman: Rehas ng Pag ibig||Mavic|
|2013||Wagas: Love me Tomorrow||Lolet Carangga|
|Wagas: The Mike and Baby Enriquez Love Story||Baby Enriquez|
|Magpakailanman: May AIDS ang Asawa Ko||Melissa|
|2011||Spooky Nights: Singil||Bless|
|2009||Dear Friend: Karibal||Cheska|
|SRO Cinemaserye: Suspetsa||Nina|
|2006||Love To Love (Season 12): Jass Got Lucky||Genie Jena|
|2005||Love To Love (Season 9): Miss Match||Joey|
|2004||Magpakailanman: Ano ang Kulay ng Tunay na Pagmamahal||Herself|
|2019||3pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon|
|2018||The Girl in the Orange Dress||Movie Actress|
|2017||All Of You||Gabby|
|2016||Just the 3 of Us||CJ Manalo|
|2015||Walang Forever||Mia Nolasco|
|The Prenup||Wendy Cayabyab|
|2014||English Only, Please||Tere Madlansacay|
|2013||The Bride and the Lover||Shiela Montes|
|2012||Moron 5 and the Crying Lady||Prison Visitor|
|Working Girls||Ada Rosales|
|2008||One Night Only||Elvie|
|Angels||Vivian / Bianang|
|Blue Moon||Cora / Corazon|
|Say That You Love Me||Kristine|
|Let the Love Begin||Alex|
|2004||So Happy Together||Wena|
|Living the Dream||
- PARI: Gold (10,000+)
|Kahit Sandali: The Best of Jennylyn Mercado||
|GMA Collection Series: Jennylyn Mercado||
|Forever By Your Side||
|Jennylyn Mercado - Ultimate||
|"Kahit Sandali"||2004||Living The Dream|
|"Sa Aking Panaginip"||2005||Letting Go|
|"It's Christmas All Over The World"||2005||Kapuso sa Pasko|
|"Moments of Love" (with Janno Gibbs)||2006||Moments of Love OST|
|"Kaya Mo Bang Ibalik"||2008||Kahit Sandali|
|"Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough"||2010||Love is...|
|"Hindi Ka Na Mag-iisa"||2012||Forever By Your Side|
|"Basta't Nandito Ka"||2014||Never Alone|
Awards and nominations
|2017||41st Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actress||All of You||Nominated|
|31st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Educational Program Host||Everyday Sarap with CDO||Nominated|
|31st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Game Show Host||Superstar Duets||Nominated|
|The 7th EdukCircle Awards||Most Influential Film Actress Of The Year||Just the 3 of Us||Won|
|The 7th EdukCircle Awards||Best Female TV Host||Superstar Duets||Nominated|
|2016||30th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Educational Program Host||Sarap With Family||Nominated|
|Best Drama Actress||My Faithful Husband||Won|
|PEP List Editor's Choice Year 3||Teleserye Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|39th Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress||Walang Forever||Nominated|
|GAWAD PASADO||Pinakapasadong Aktres||Nominated|
|2016 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Film Actress of the Year||Won|
|2015||41st Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|
|Female Celebrity of the Night||N/A||Won|
|63rd FAMAS Awards||Best Actress||English Only, Please||Nominated|
|29th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Educational Program Host||Sarap With Family||Nominated|
|6th ENPRESS Golden Screen Television Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Program||Rhodora X||Nominated|
|2nd PEP List Awards||Editor's Choice: Teleserye Actress||Won|
|31st PMPC Star Awards for Movies||Movie Actress of the Year||English Only, Please||Nominated|
|2014||40th Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|
|28th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Talent Show Program Host||Anak Ko Yan!||Nominated|
|2013||ENPRESS Golden Screen Television Awards||Outstanding Original Reality Competition Program Host||Protégé: The Battle For The Big Artista Break||Nominated|
|Outstanding Female Showbiz Talk Program Host||Showbiz Central||Nominated|
|27th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Magazine Show Host together with Regine Velasquez, Raymond Gutierrez and Roderick Paulate||HOT TV: Hindi Ordinaryong Tsismis||Nominated|
|Best Reality Competition Program Host together with Dingdong Dantes, Carla Abellana and Maxene Magalona||Protégé: The Battle For The Big Artista Break||Nominated|
|2012||PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Talent Search Program Host together with Ogie Alcasid and Dingdong Dantes||Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break||Nominated|
|2011||59th FAMAS Awards||Best Actress||Rosario||Nominated|
|13th Gawad PASADO Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|FAP Luna Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Femalenetwork.com||Best Television Host||Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break||Won|
|2009||PEP Forum Awards||Best Drama Actress||Ikaw Sana||Nominated|
|2006||FAP Luna Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Blue Moon||Nominated|
|PMPC Star Awards for Movies||Movie/Film Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|Gawad Urian Awards||Best Supporting Actress (Pinakamahusay na Pangalawang Aktres)||Nominated|
|ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Drama||Nominated|
|Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role-Musical or Comedy||Lovestruck||Nominated|
|32nd Metro Manila Film Festival||People's Choice for Best Actress||Blue Moon||Won|
|2005||Gawad Tanglaw Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|2017||30th Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist - Hagdan||Nominated|
|30th Awit Awards||Best Christmas Recording - Hagdan||Nominated|
|30th Awit Awards||Best Music Video of the Year - Hagdan||Won|
|30th Awit Awards||Best Cover Art - Ultimate||Nominated|
|30th Awit Awards||Best Inspirational Recording - Hagdan||Nominated|
|2015||7th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Album of the Year - Never Alone||Nominated|
|7th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Pop Album of the Year - Never Alone||Nominated|
|7th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Female Pop Artist of the Year - Never Alone||Nominated|
|2013||ASAP 18 24K Gold Award - Forever By Your Side||Gold Awardee||Won|
|5th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Female Pop Artist of the Year - Forever By Your Side||Nominated|
|2010||2nd PMPC Star Awards for Music||Female Pop Artist of the Year - Love Is||Nominated|
|2006||ASAP POP Viewers Choice Awards||Female Pop Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|2005||Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Duet for the song||Won|
|iFM Pinoy Music Awards||Most Popular Adaptation of A Foreign Song||Won|
|2004||SOP Music Awards||Breakthrough Artist||Won|
|Candy Mag Awards||Breakthrough Artist||Won|
|2005||Box Office Entertainment Awards||Most Popular Loveteam with Mark Herras||Won|
|2007||Kapuso Box-Office People's Choice Awards||Kapuso Box Office Princess||Won|
|Kapuso Movie Box Office Queen||Won|
|Kapuso Television Box Office Queen||Won|
|Kapuso Box Office Actress||Won|
|Kapuso Box Office Sexiest Female||Won|
|2015||Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Breakthrough Box Office Indie Film (with Derek Ramsay)||Won|
Special awards and recognitions
|2004||Yes Magazine Reader's Choice Awards||Most Popular Female Young Star||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for Television||Female Star of the Night||Won|
|Star Struck Season 1||Ultimate Female Survivor||Won|
|2005||FAMAS Awards||German Moreno Youth Achievement Award||Won|
|2008||Yes Magazine Reader's Choice Awards||Young Female Superstar||Won|
|2012||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Dressed Female Celebrity Award||Won|
|2015||PEP List Choice Awards||Teleserye Actress of the Year||Won|
|FHM Sexiest Women in the Philippines||Philippines Finest - Rank #1||Won|
|2016||EDUKCIRCLE||Drama Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|PUSH Awards||Female Celebrity for 2016||Nominated|
|PEP List Editor's Choice Year 3||Female TV Star of The Year||Nominated|
|2004||Yes Magazine Reader's Choice Awards||Most Popular Loveteam with Mark Herras|
|2006||Franz Entertainment's Top 50 Sexiest Women in the Philippines||Rank #40|
|Inside Showbiz Magazine Reader's Choice||Most Popular Loveteam with Mark Herras|
|MOD's Magazine 32 Most Beautiful Filipinas||Rank #12|
|2007||Starmometer 100 Most Beautiful Pinays||Rank #11|
|2008||Yes Magazine Reader's Choice Awards||Celebrity Home of the Year|
|Friendster Most Popular||Rank #6|
|2009||Yes Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars||Mamma Mia|
|Starmometer.com||Cover Girl of the Year: Rank #6|
|2011||Yahoo! OMG Awards||Hottest Actress of the Year|
|2012||PEP Top List||Reality-Show Talents on a Roll: Rank #4|
|Yes Mag 100 Most Beautiful Stars||Hot Mama|
|2013||Inside Pinoy Showbiz||Sexiest Hot Mama|
|2014||Yahoo! OMG Awards||Female Kontrabida of the Year|
|2004||FHM Philippines||100 Sexiest Woman||Ranked # 9||Cindy Kurleto|
|2005||Ranked # 10||Angel Locsin|
|2006||Ranked # 6||Katrina Halili|
|2007||Ranked # 8||Katrina Halili (2)|
|2008||Ranked # 14||Marian Rivera|
|2009||Ranked # 17||Cristine Reyes|
|2010||Ranked # 10||Angel Locsin (2)|
|2011||Ranked # 7||Sam Pinto|
|2012||Ranked # 9||Sam Pinto (2)|
|2013||Ranked # 4||Marian Rivera (2)|
|2014||Ranked # 4||Marian Rivera (3)|
|2015||Ranked # 1 PH Finest||Herself|
|2016||Ranked # 2||Jessy Mendiola|
|2017||Ranked #||Nadine Lustre|
- Salvador, Bubbles (December 2, 2014). "Derek and Jennylyn in English Only, Please". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Siazon, Rachelle (October 2, 2015). "Jennylyn gets self-conscious at staring challenge with Sam". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Santos, Mari-an (December 25, 2015). "REVIEW: Walang Forever shows great power of love". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Santos, Mari-an (May 4, 2016). "REVIEW: John Lloyd and Jennylyn in Just The 3 Of Us". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado confirms role in Pinoy remake of 'My Love From The Star'". GMA News Online.
- "Jennylyn Mercado confirmed as Steffi in My Love From The Star". PEP.ph.
- "Five reasons why Jennylyn Mercado is the Ultimate Star". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Jennylyn, the 'Ultimate Star; ' Sunshine, the 'face of suffering wives'". The Manila Times. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado remains a Kapuso, dubbed as 'The Ultimate Star'". Kickerdaily.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Garcia, Rose (July 26, 2016). "Mark Herras says Jennylyn deserves 'Ultimate Star' title". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Jimenez, Joyce (December 10, 2014). "Jennylyn Mercado reveals she's a battered child". The Philippine Star. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Umbao, Ed (October 17, 2013). "Luis Manzano and Jennylyn Mercado Break-up For Real?". PhilNews.ph. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Did you know? Jennylyn had kissing scene with John Lloyd over 10 years ago". Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado's "I Am Woman" birthday concert". Pep.ph. May 19, 2009. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "PEP: Jennylyn Mercado successfully stages birthday concert". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Calderon, Nora V. (September 5, 2010). "Jennylyn Mercado plays a woman ahead of her time in period film Rosario". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Sibonga, Glen P. (September 19, 2009). "Jennylyn Mercado excited over her forthcoming album under Viva Records". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Bayani San Diego Jr. (May 15, 2012). "Jennylyn Mercado, triathlete". Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- Gonzales, Rommel L. (August 15, 2011). "Jennylyn Mercado is new co-host of reality talent search Protégé; ex-boyfriend Dennis Trillo says he has moved on". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "CAST MEMBERS: The Bride and the Lover". Pep.ph. April 29, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Almo, Nerisa (January 21, 2014). "Jennylyn Mercado has split personality in Rhodora X". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Pumaloy, Rey (November 11, 2013). "Jennylyn Mercado is Rhodora X". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Comments". M.facebook.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Mendoza, Ruel J. (January 3, 2015). "English Only Please adds 17 cinemas". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Derek and Jennylyn at English Only, Please screening". Pep.ph. January 3, 2015. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Geli, Bianca (December 28, 2014). "Jennylyn Mercado wins MMFF Best Actress". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Gonzales, Rommel (January 8, 2015). "Jennylyn Mercado did not expect to win Best Actress". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "#FHM100Sexiest2015: Meet The Rest Of The Philippines' Top 5 Sexiest Women". Fhm.com.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Nikko Tuazon. "Rachel Ann Daquis, Maria Ozawa, Patricia Javier, and more at the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2015 Victory Party". PEP.ph. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (August 13, 2015). "Beautiful Strangers, On The Wings of Love". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Benedicto, Rizza Lorraine (December 28, 2015). "Jericho, Jennylyn, Maine, Pip win MMFF acting honors". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "24Oras: Jennylyn Mercado, back-to-back Best Actress winner sa MMFF - Download YouTube video 4K, HD, MP3, MP4, WEBM, 3GP ON MoneyForWatch.com". MoneyForWatch.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado, Jericho Rosales on winning top acting awards in MMFF 2015". Rappler.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Maglipon, Text by Jocelyn Dimaculangan / Report from Jo-Ann Q. (February 8, 2016). "Jennylyn paired with John Lloyd for Star Cinema movie". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado works on new film with John Lloyd Cruz". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (May 5, 2016). "Just The 3 Of Us earns P16 million on opening day". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (May 10, 2016). "Jennylyn-JLC movie Just The 3 Of Us grosses P100 million". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Serato, Arniel (July 4, 2016). "Jennylyn Mercado still a Kapuso!". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado remains a Kapuso - GMANetwork.com - Entertainment - Home of Kapuso shows and stars - Articles". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "GMA Network's newest show 'Superstar Duets' combines music and comedy". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Ultimate Star Jennylyn Mercado to host newest celebrity singing competition 'Superstar Duets'". Kakulaynewsmedia.blogspot.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Tuazon, Nikko (August 8, 2016). "Reasons why Jennylyn is perfect for My Love From The Star". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado confirms role in Pinoy remake of 'My Love From The Star'". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "You x Max Factor | Jennylyn Mercado for Max Factor". Ruthdelaxruz.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ""Lakeview Terrace" to be screened exclusively at Ayala Malls". Pep.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "sunstar.com.ph, Jennylyn gives birth to bouncing baby boy". Archived from the original on September 6, 2008.
- "Showbiz Central: Jennylyn gave birth via caesarian section at St. Luke hospital". Gmanews.tv. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado admits relationship with Patrick Garcia". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Castro, Roldan (February 21, 2008). "FIRST READ ON PEP: Jennylyn Mercado confirms breakup with Patrick Garcia". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Williams, Nina (January 29, 2012). "Latest Celebrity Update: Dennis Trillo Ends Issue With Jennylyn Mercado". Latestcelebrityupdate.blogspot.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Luis admits relationship with Jennylyn". Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Luis Manzano Relationship With Jennylyn Mercado".
- Rula, Gorgy (July 2, 2015). "Dennis and Jennylyn want to keep their relationship private&l". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado Now an Honorary Member of Gabriela". FemaleNetwork.com. May 18, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "Jennylyn Mercado to star in "My Love From the Star" remake". Sg.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado and Dennis Trillo topbill GMA's newest primetime offering 'My Faithful Husband'". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "Jennylyn Mercado's album 'Ultimate' receives Gold Record award". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "WATCH: Jennylyn Mercado thanks son Alex Jazz for PMPC Star Awards Best Actress win - GMANetwork.com - Entertainment - Home of Kapuso shows and stars - Articles". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "FULL LIST: Nominees, Gawad Urian 2016". Rappler.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Calderon, Nora V. (February 21, 2016). "John Lloyd, Bea, Vice, Coco named Phenomenal Stars of 2015". Pep.ph. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Smith, Chuck. "Winners: 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival awards night". Philippine Star. Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- "Maine Mendoza and Jennylyn Mercado big winners of the 2015 MMFF Awards Night". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- ^, Rappler. "FULL LIST: Winners, PEP Awards Year 2". Rappler. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "Jennylyn and Ryzza Mae bag major awards at the 40th MMFF". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
| FHM Cover Girl
| FHM Philippines
Sexiest Woman of the Year
|Awards and achievements|
2003 (season 1)