Jean-François Champollion University Center for Teaching and Research
The National University Institute Jean-Francois Champollion (Institut National Universitaire Jean-François Champollion), formerly known as Jean-Francois Champollion University Center for Teaching and Research (Centre universitaire de formation et de recherche Jean-François Champollion) is a French university, in the Academy of Toulouse. Founded in 2002 on the site of the former military barracks of the Caserne Lapérouse in Albi, France, site of its main campus and administrative offices, it also has campuses in Rodez and Castre. With fewer than 4000 students it is one of France's smallest universities, a fact which has often been credited with its high rate of student success. In 2014 and again in 2017, it was ranked first among all French universities for first-year students successfully passing on the second year of licence.
Institut National Universitaire Jean-François Champollion
|Website||http://www.univ-jfc.fr/ (in French)|
It is a member of the Université fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées, and maintains particularly close relations with the three major universities in Toulouse that were instrumental in its establishment, the University of Toulouse I – Capitol (Law, Economics and Management), University of Toulouse II – Jean-Jaurès (Arts, Literature, Humanities and Languages), and University of Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier (Science, Technology and Health). It thus has the unique advantage of offering the whole range of disciplines on the same campus, something not normally possible in larger universities in France.
Saint Francis University, Loretto, Pennsylvania conducts some classes there. All Saint Francis classes are taught in English. Saint Francis University also runs a campus at Ambialet, France in the Midi-Pyrénées.
- List of public universities in France by academy
- Universities and colleges in Toulouse
- lperier (27 February 2018). "Découvrez les formations". toulousetech.net. Archived from the original on 22 December 2016.
- "Palmarès des universités où les étudiants réussissent le mieux". Archived from the original on 17 August 2016.
- "Université : le palmarès 2018 de la réussite en licence". Archived from the original on 17 May 2018.
- "Semester in France – Saint Francis University". francis.edu. Archived from the original on 1 October 2015.