Jay Mehta is an Indian businessman. He is the son of Mahendra Mehta and Sunayana Mehta and grandson of Nanji Kalidas Mehta, who own the Mehta Group which is spread over Africa, India, Canada and United States.
|Born||18 January 1961|
|Spouse(s)||Sujata Birala (d. 1990) |
Juhi Chawla (m. 1995)
|Occupation||Group Director Indian operations |
Executive Vice Chairman
(Saurashtra Cement Ltd and (Gujarat Sidhee Cement Ltd) Independent Non-Executive Director of ADF Foods Limited
Mehta owns the Mehta Group, a multinational company. Mehta owns two companies in India:
- Sauarashtra Cement Ltd (Ranavav near Porbandar, Gujarat)
- Gujarat Sidhee Cement Ltd (Veraval Gujarat India)
Jay Mehta is the husband of former Miss India and Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla. He was earlier married to Sujata Birla, sister of Yash Birla who died in the Flight 605 plane crash in 1990. Mehta has two children with wife Juhi Chawla, a daughter, Jahnavi Mehta (born 2001) and a son, Arjun Mehta (born 2003).
- "Juhi Chawla describes husband Jay Mehta as 'time-pass'". indianexpress.com.
- "Every Indian is a cricket expert, says KKR co-owner Jay Mehta". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Jay Mehta – We have Shah Rukh, a magnet for sponsors". Live Mint. 10 March 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla and Jai Mehta". Times of India. 2 April 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2010.