Early life and career
Jasmin Tabatabai's mother is German, and her father is Iranian. She was born and raised in Tehran until the 1979 Islamic Revolution, at which point she migrated with her mother to Germany. After her completion of school, she studied drama in the arts college in Stuttgart. Soon after that, she entered into the film industry and has since starred or co-starred in over forty films.
She was discovered for the screen 1992 as main character in the Swiss feature film Children of the Open Road, what brought her the award as best actress at the Amiens Film Festival in France. During her early work as actress in Berlin, she co-founded the band Even Cowgirls Get the Blues as singer and songwriter.
The 1997 German film Bandits exposed Jasmin Tabatabai to a larger audience. In addition to her acting role in the film, she also wrote and performed many of the songs for the soundtrack. The record for the film sold more than seven hundred thousand copies. She also voiced Megara in the German dub of Hercules.
Tabatabai's first album as a solo artist, Only Love, was released in 2002 along with the single After You Killed Me. Soon after she founded her own record label, polytrash. She also composed songs for the soundtrack of the 2004 movie Iron Jawed Angels together with then-husband Tico Zamora.
In December 2001, Tabatabai met American musician Tico Zamora. On December 3, 2002, she gave birth to their first and only child, a daughter named Angelina Sherri Rose. She and Zamora married on June 1, 2003 and separated by summer 2006. Their divorce was finalized in 2008.
She has been in a relationship with actor Andreas Pietschmann since summer 2007. They have two children: a daughter, Helena Leila (born July 5, 2009), and a son, Johan Anton (born August 13, 2013). Tabatabai and Pietschmann reside in Berlin.
- 1997 Bavarian Film Award, Best Film Score
- 1997 Bandits soundtrack
- 2002 Only Love
- 2004 Iron Jawed Angels soundtrack
- 2007 Blood and Chocolate soundtrack
- 2007 I ran
Jasmin Tabatabai & David Klein Orchester
- 2011 Eine Frau
- 2016 Was sagt man zu den Menschen, wenn man traurig ist?
- "Jasmin Tabatabai: "Musik ist meine Religion"". November 19, 2017.
- "Jasmin Tabatabai - News archive, December 2007". jasmin-tabatabai.com. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Jasmin Tabatabai - News archive, January 2003". jasmin-tabatabai.com. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Jasmin Tabatabai - News archive, December 2002". jasmin-tabatabai.com. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Jasmin Tabatabai - News archive, July 2009". jasmin-tabatabai.com. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- dpa bzw. Online-Magazin Stern