Jan Wiley (February 21, 1916 – May 26, 1993) was an American film actress.
Jan Harriet Wiley
February 21, 1916
|Died||May 26, 1993 77) (aged|
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
|Other names||Harriet Brandon|
|Years active||1937 - 1946 (film)|
|Spouse(s)||Roger Wister Clark (? - 1945, divorce)|
Mort Greene (1947 - 1971, divorce)
Wiley was born Jan Harriet Wiley in Marion, Indiana and early in her career was billed as Harriet Brandon.
Beginning in 1937 with New Faces of 1937 and Stage Door, Wiley appeared in 39 films in a mixture of lead, supporting and minor roles in Hollywood B Movies. She had a rare leading role as the title character in A Fig Leaf for Eve (1944) but is probably best remembered for the 1946 horror film She-Wolf of London.
- New Faces of 1937 (1937) - Showgirl
- Stage Door (1937) - Madeline
- Kitty Foyle (1940) - Miss Bala - Office Worker (uncredited)
- Citizen Kane (1941) - Reporter at Xanadu (uncredited)
- Tonto Basin Outlaws (1941) - Jane Blanchard
- Zis Boom Bah (1941) - Annabella
- Dick Tracy vs. Crime Inc. (1941) - June 'Eve' Chandler
- Thunder River Feud (1942) - Maybelle Pembroke
- The Strange Case of Doctor Rx (1942) - Lily (uncredited)
- You're Telling Me (1942) - Girl Announcer (uncredited)
- Almost Married (1942) - Louella Marvin
- Top Sergeant (1942) - Army Press Photographer (uncredited)
- Parachute Nurse (1942) - Tenderfoot (uncredited)
- City of Silent Men (1942) - Jane Muller
- Criminal Investigator (1942) - Harriet Drake
- The Living Ghost (1942) - Tina Craig
- Rhythm Parade (1942) - Connie
- Dawn on the Great Divide (1942) - Martha Corkle (uncredited)
- Gals, Incorporated (1943) - Showgirl (uncredited)
- Fired Wife (1943) - Leading Lady (uncredited)
- So Proudly We Hail! (1943) - Lt. Lynne Hopkins (uncredited)
- The Underdog (1943) - Ämy Tate
- Never a Dull Moment (1943) - Checkroom Girl (uncredited)
- Jive Junction (1943) - Miss Forbes
- Law Men (1944) - Phyliss
- Follow the Boys (1944) - Phone Operator (uncredited)
- San Diego, I Love You (1944) - Receptionist (uncredited)
- A Fig Leaf for Eve (1944) - Eve Lorraine / Eve Westland
- Adventures of Kitty O'Day (1945) - Carla Brant
- There Goes Kelly (1945) - Rita Wilson aka Gladys Wharton
- The Cisco Kid Returns (1945) - Jeanette
- The Master Key (1945) - Janet Lowe
- Secret Agent X-9 (1945) - Lynn Moore
- Frontier Gal (1945) - Sheila Winthop
- I Ring Doorbells (1946) - Helen Carter
- She-Wolf of London (1946) - Carol Winthrop
- Below the Deadline (1946) - Vivian Saunders
- The Brute Man (1946) - Virginia Rogers Scott
- The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) - Perfume Saleswoman (uncredited) (final film role)
- Mayer, Geoff (2017). Encyclopedia of American Film Serials. McFarland. p. 289. ISBN 9781476627199. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Weaver, Brunas & Brunas p.543
- "Divorces". Billboard. August 4, 1945. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Wilson, Scott (2016). Resting Places: The Burial Sites of More Than 14,000 Famous Persons, 3d ed. (2 volume set). McFarland. p. 809. ISBN 9780786479924. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- Tom Weaver, Michael Brunas & John Brunas. Universal Horrors: The Studio's Classic Films, 1931-1946. McFarland, 1990.