James Salter (swimmer)
|Full name||James Matthew Salter|
|Born||18 March 1976|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
He trained with the City of Edinburgh Swimming Club, Scotland. Salter twice competed at the Summer Olympics (1996 and 2000) for Great Britain. He is best known for winning the 1997 European title in the men's 4×200 m freestyle relay, alongside Paul Palmer, Andrew Clayton and Gavin Meadows. He represented England and won a bronze medal in the freestyle relay event, at the 1994 Commonwealth Games in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Four years later he represented England again winning a silver medal in the same event. A third Games appearance came in 2002 where he also won a third freestyle relay medal.
- "Profile". Sports Reference.
- "1994 Athletes". Team England.
- "England team in 1994". Commonwealth Games Federation.
- "1998 Athletes". Team England.
- "Athletes and results". Commonwealth Games Federation.
- ""For the Record." Times, 1 Aug. 1994, p. 23". Times Digital Archive.
- ""For the Record." Times, 18 July 1997, p. 42". Times Digital Archive.