James Bauer (1884–1940) was a German film director. Following the Nazi takeover of power in 1933, he emigrated first to Spain and later to Argentina, where he directed several films until his death in 1940.
- The Black Star (1922)
- The Sleeping Volcano (1922)
- Der Mitternachtszug (1923)
- Op Hoop van Zegen (1924)
- Anne-Liese of Dessau (1925)
- Walpurgisnacht (1927)
- Did You Fall in Love Along the Beautiful Rhine? (1927)
- The Foreign Legionnaire (1928)
- The Girl from the Provinces (1929)
- Incest (1929)
- The Third Confession (1929)
- Night Convoy (1932)
- The Escape to Nice (1932)
- Paraguay, tierra de promisión (1937)
- Cantando llegó el amor (1938)
- El misterio de la dama gris (1939)
- Explosivo 008 (1940)
- Bergfelder, Tim & Bock, Hans-Michael. The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopedia of German. Berghahn Books, 2009.
- Prawer, S.S. Between Two Worlds: The Jewish Presence in German and Austrian Film, 1910-1933. Berghahn Books, 2007.