Jamael Benjamin Cox (born April 27, 1992) is an American soccer player who plays for the FC Tucson in the USL League One, as a midfielder. His older brother Raphael currently plays for the Tacoma Stars.
|Full name||Jamael Benjamin Cox|
|Date of birth||April 27, 1992|
|Place of birth||Tacoma, Washington, United States|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2008–2010||Washington Premier FC|
|2010–2011||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2012||Seattle Sounders FC U-23||14||(2)|
|2013||Tampa Bay Rowdies||1||(0)|
|2014||Seattle Sounders FC U-23||10||(0)|
|2018||Seattle Sounders FC U-23||14||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 21, 2019|
Cox spent one season with the Seattle Sounders FC Academy.
After trialing in Scotland with Rangers and in Germany with 1. FC Nürnberg, Cox joined USL PDL club Seattle Sounders FC U-23 for the 2012 season. He made 14 appearances for the club and tallied two goals and two assists and helped guide the team to a Northwest Division title and a Western Conference title before eventually losing in the USL PDL semifinals to Forest City London.
On June 4, 2013, Cox signed his first professional contract as he joined NASL club Tampa Bay Rowdies on a two-year deal, reuniting him with his older brother Raphael. He made his professional debut on October 5, 2013 in a 2–1 defeat to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
On June 7, 2016, Cox scored the lone goal in a 40-minute scrimmage between the Burlingame Dragons and the Argentina national football team.
- "Sounders Sign 3 Following Tryouts". SoundersU23.com. Seattle Sounders FC U-23. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "2012 Seattle Sounders FC U-23 stats". USLsoccer.com. United Soccer Leagues. Archived from the original on February 3, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "Rowdies Sign Midfielder Jamael Cox". rowdiessoccer.com. Tampa Bay Rowdies. June 4, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "Rowdies Late Goal Not Enough to Avoid 2–1 Loss to Strikers". rowdiessoccer.com. Tampa Bay Rowdies. October 5, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "Burlingame Dragons FC, the San Jose Earthquakes' PDL side, beats Argentina". MLSSoccer.com. June 7, 2016. Retrieved June 8, 2016.