Jake Batchelor (born 13 February 1992) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Jake Batchelor played his junior footy at the Frankston Rovers in Victoria and went on to play with the Dandenong Stingrays in the TAC Cup, Batchelor was drafted to Richmond with their second selection, the 30th overall, in the 2010 AFL draft. He made his AFL debut in round 1, 2011 against Carlton at the MCG. At the end of round 16, 2011, he was nominated for the NAB AFL Rising Star award. Batchelor was delisted by Richmond at the conclusion of the 2017 AFL season, after playing 84 matches over his seven-year tenure at the club. In 2018 he served as a playing assistant coach with the Frankston Dolphins in the VFL and in 2019 will take up a part-time development coaching role at St Kilda.
Batchelor in August 2017
|Date of birth||13 February 1992|
Dandenong Stingrays (TAC Cup)|
Frankston Bombers (MPNFL)
|Draft||No. 30, 2010 national draft|
Round 1, 2011, Richmond|
vs. Carlton, at MCG
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2017.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Eligible One". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- Whiting, Michael (26 October 2017). "Tigers axe versatile back and talented goalsneak". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Saints add to coaching group". St Kilda FC. Telstra Media. 8 September 2018. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "Jake Batchelor". AFL Tables. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jake Batchelor.|
- Jake Batchelor's profile on the official website of the Richmond Football Club
- Jake Batchelor's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Jake Batchelor's statistics from Footy Wire