Jacqueline Andrée Pagnol (née Bouvier; 6 October 1920 – 22 August 2016) was a French actress. She acted in many French films in the 1940s and 1950s. She was the widow of French author and filmmaker Marcel Pagnol.
Jacqueline Andrée Bouvier
6 October 1920
|Died||22 August 2016 95) (aged|
Jacqueline Bouvier was born on 6 October 1920. She grew up tending her aunt's goats in Camargue. She studied drama.
She acted in many French films, six of which were directed by her husband. She has revealed that the main character in Manon des sources was based on her own childhood. She owned the copyright of Marcel Pagnol's work and approved all film adaptations.
- La maison des sept jeunes filles (1942).
- Les ailes blanches (1943).
- Goodbye Leonard (1943).
- Service de nuit (1944).
- Nais (1945).
- The Pretty Miller Girl (1949).
- The Prize (1950).
- Topaze (1951).
- Adhemar ou le jouet de la fatalite (1951).
- Manon des sources (1952).
- Carnaval (1953).
- The Terror with women (1953).