Jacobsdal, North West
Jacobsdal was a hamlet 13 km south of Zeerust and 18 km north-east of Ottoshoop. It was laid out on the farm Vergenoegd 46 and named after its owner, David Jacobs.On 15 August 1868 the first NG church was established by Ds F L Cachet.In 1872, the church bought some ground from W Kirstein, and started laying out erven. This town was then named Jacobsdal (Jacobsdaal - old name). Unluckily the establihment of Zeerust a short distance away, spelled the beginnig of the end for Jacobsdal
|Coordinates: 25.630°S 26.071°E|
|District||Ngaka Modiri Molema|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)|
- Raper, Peter E. (1987). Dictionary of Southern African Place Names. Internet Archive. p. 227. Retrieved 28 August 2013.