Jackson Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|Coordinates: 41°39′23″N 85°08′36″W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Land||33.94 sq mi (87.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.05 sq mi (2.7 km2) 3.00%|
|Elevation||951 ft (290 m)|
|• Density||52.4/sq mi (20.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453469|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35 square miles (91 km2), of which 33.94 square miles (87.9 km2) (or 96.97%) is land and 1.05 square miles (2.7 km2) (or 3.00%) is water. Lakes in this township include Bass Lake, Beaverdam Lake, Deep Lake, Grass Lake, Hogback Lake, Howard Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Otter Lake, Pine Canyon Lake, Shallow Lake and Stayner Lake.
- Flint at 41.6500502°N 85.1271917°W
- Indian Hills at 41.6222724°N 85.1558041°W
- Inverness at 41.7006059°N 85.0935790°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains three cemeteries: Flint, Jackson Prairie and Lake Gage.
Airports and landing strips
- Tri-State Steuben County Airport
- "Jackson Township, Steuben County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.